Discuss I've been messing with the forums again in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
I've been messing with the forums again. So some things might look different here and there.

Mainly, the forum homepage layout has had the "Latest Post" and the Statistics columns removed.

Reason being most users now view the forum on a mobile, so it looked too busy really for the amount of users viewing on mobile.

So now if you visit the forum on your mobile you'll see a nice list of forum categories - then just click in them to see the latest posts.

Or do what you normally do, whack the Whats New button and work that way lol

Should be a bit less overwhelming for newer members though now.

Hi Dan thanks for the info. While you're there is there any way you can change the colour scheme? The dark grey on grey is awfy hard to read. Also the green on grey is again awfy hard to read. You know when a quote is in a post the grey on grey especially with the microscopic writing, as well as the text formatting bar. And the esteemed name colour change is a bit psychedelic.

I don't see the grey on grey problem, so I think it must be your settings Vortigern.

Does this messing around also include the number of threads displayed on a page. Only seem to be able to get 10 on one page since the messing around started

Yeah that's largely to help advertising revenue and is a temporary thing. I'm messing with those sort of settings to see if I can squeeze a bit more out of it but apparently online advertising is meant go be picking up again soon. Will see.

Hang in there on that front. And I do apologise. I wouldnt cause all the extra clicking for nowt you know I like to have the flow prioritised usually.

Bookmark this page @UNG

The URL is electriciansforums.net/pages/sc/

Made it for sparky chick but everybody can use it if they want to.

It's 150 threads in order of the latest post, whether you've read them or not, they'll be listed in order of the last reply.

Limited ads. If any at all. (one sponsor one) - you're all welcome to use ad-blockers too don't forget. :)

Bookmark this page @UNG

The URL is electriciansforums.net/pages/sc/

Made it for sparky chick but everybody can use it if they want to.

It's 150 threads in order of the latest post, whether you've read them or not, they'll be listed in order of the last reply.

Limited ads. If any at all. (one sponsor one) - you're all welcome to use ad-blockers too don't forget. :)
That works for me, much better having a long list than multiple short pages

Reply to I've been messing with the forums again in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net