Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss I've lined my van out in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

What do you think to this? I have almost finished it.

For those who don't know, its a 2014 Ford Transit Connect Trend 240 LWB 115ps 6 Speed.

I have also added LED tape on the shelves, still got to do the bottom.

Some of the photos are taken before I put the tape in on the shelves.

Not bad for a DIY effort. I have trimmed it off with carpet down the middle this morning so it's nice on the knees.

All the plastic divider stuff, the bloke in the shop gave me it as he has loads of it spare, I have to trim it down with my bandsaw so the top shelf wasn't so deep, and had to take the rim off it.

2016-05-12 17.32.09.jpg2016-05-12 17.30.43.jpg2016-05-11 13.27.34.jpg

I like that - and space enough for a lie down in the middle at lunch time. Good job UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not too bad for a make it as you go jobby. If I had the time and money to waste I could rip it out now I have the measurements and do it properly opposed to a slight bodge and the like.

its not bad though, I'm pleased with it!

What mystifies me is why no one ever paints the ply - I'm not saying it has to be done but I've never seen one painted. White paint might improve the bounce of light! (Can't imagine it being the first thing on a builders mind when he gets his new transit!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not too bad for a make it as you go jobby. If I had the time and money to waste I could rip it out now I have the measurements and do it properly opposed to a slight bodge and the like.

its not bad though, I'm pleased with it!

We never have time to do our own stuff to the standard we would like .:D
There is nothing wrong with that job. Well done.

Hi,

What do you think to this? I have almost finished it.

For those who don't know, its a 2014 Ford Transit Connect Trend 240 LWB 115ps 6 Speed.

I have also added LED tape on the shelves, still got to do the bottom.

Some of the photos are taken before I put the tape in on the shelves.

Not bad for a DIY effort. I have trimmed it off with carpet down the middle this morning so it's nice on the knees.

All the plastic divider stuff, the bloke in the shop gave me it as he has loads of it spare, I have to trim it down with my bandsaw so the top shelf wasn't so deep, and had to take the rim off it.

View attachment 32164View attachment 32165View attachment 32166

Nice job. Where did you get the plastic from

Mine would probably be that neat if I carried so little stock in it. Is this just something this side of the pond?

Cable alone I carry 1.5 T&E (can't get 1.0 T&E here - can get 1.5 Twin Brown, I don't use it), 2.5 T&E, 3 Core & Earth, 6mm T&E, 10mm T&E, 10mm G/Yellow, 1.5 PVC/PVC Single Brown, 1.5 PVC/PVC single Blue, 1.5 & Earth Brown, 1.5 & Earth Blue, .75mm 3 Core Flex, .75m 3 Core HR Flex, .75mm 4 Core Flex, .75mm 5 Core Flex, 1.5mm Flex, 1.5mm HR Flex, .5mm 2 Core Flex, 6-10-16mm Tails and a fair few others as well lol.

My nearest wholesalers are 20+ miles away mind

Mine would probably be that neat if I carried so little stock in it. Is this just something this side of the pond?

Cable alone I carry 1.5 T&E (can't get 1.0 T&E here - can get 1.5 Twin Brown, I don't use it), 2.5 T&E, 3 Core & Earth, 6mm T&E, 10mm T&E, 10mm G/Yellow, 1.5 PVC/PVC Single Brown, 1.5 PVC/PVC single Blue, 1.5 & Earth Brown, 1.5 & Earth Blue, .75mm 3 Core Flex, .75m 3 Core HR Flex, .75mm 4 Core Flex, .75mm 5 Core Flex, 1.5mm Flex, 1.5mm HR Flex, .5mm 2 Core Flex, 6-10-16mm Tails and a fair few others as well lol.

My nearest wholesalers are 20+ miles away mind

I did think that UKs van was suspiciously lacking cable! Put it down to it not all being put back in there yet, or he has a suitable storage place.

My van has similiar cable selection to yours plus loads of inevitable off cuts off 10+16mm earth cable that I am reluctant to recycle or bin. I find that no matter what extra storage I add it simply fills itself up within a week. And I have added a fair bit of extra capacity recently when I looked at the dead space within the van.

Reply to I've lined my van out in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net