Discuss Just completed the EVCP course! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Wow.... there is a lot of paper work to claim the OZEV grant for domestic installs.
I did the EVCP course today....
Every time you claim the grant you have to notify...
DNO, building authority and OZEV, plus EIC to the customer.
Plus very strict criteria for entire install. I'm not sure it's worth the £350. Is it? @Gavin John Hyde , or anyone else who is OZEV registered.

Wow.... there is a lot of paper work to claim the OZEV grant for domestic installs.
I did the EVCP course today....
Every time you claim the grant you have to notify...
DNO, building authority and OZEV, plus EIC to the customer.
Plus very strict criteria for entire install. I'm not sure it's worth the £350. Is it? @Gavin John Hyde , or anyone else who is OZEV registered.
Might seem a lot but I have a system in place where the form is all digital. I send the pdf to customer to complete it comes back with the evidence attached such as lease or logbook and on install day the rest is completed and I add images to the same form. I use signable for my digital pdfs.
Uploading the stuff to OZEV requires the stuff you mentioned with a covering letter and spreadsheet. might seem a lot for one install but some months I upload 10+ but over time i have got the time taken right down.

£350 is likely not going to make the difference for most ev customers. afterall they are probably spending £350+ per month on the car if a lease. but 99% of the time they want the grant as its free money!

Just imagine doing a 1000 a month Thats a lot of paperwork
you could use ev comply but they want £20 per install or £100 a month or something daft to use the platform, I d rather have the money!! Most I have done in a month is 22 a mix of my own, some sub contracted to the manufacturer and one site where I fitted 4 chargers to an office.

Reply to Just completed the EVCP course! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net