Discuss Kaidi KDDY008B - Suppliers with same day delivery? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Lister1987

-
Trainee
Esteemed
Reaction score
Sods law happened; reclined the electric sofa for the first time in weeks and the power supply went pop.

Anyone know where I can pick up a kaidi kddy008b 29V 2A transformer today?

I know I can order online from various places for next day delivery but I need to reset the sofa before the kids try and make it a den.

rig upa couple of 12V batteries in series. 24V should be enough temporarily.

Wrong connector on the end, needs to be the type used on recliners (standard fixing afaik)

I doubted that the connector would be the same mate, that's why I posted it as a last means thing.
It could be hacked about, taking old connector and a bit of wire from broken power supply and splicing it onto the new power supply.

Why has the PSU in the first place gone pop?

Has the motor gone faulty? Might be worth checking before you rig a new PSU in.

Why has the PSU in the first place gone pop?

Has the motor gone faulty? Might be worth checking before you rig a new PSU in.

Probably a switch mode type which has failed. Linear power supplies might have their imperfections, but they could outlast SMPS types. Providing you didn't mind a bit of ripple of course!

And why do they always put the little electrolytic start-up capacitor right near the heat sink of the switching device?!?!

The thing with most switch mode supplies, if there is a short on the output, the ciritary inside the PSU will crowbar the output down to 0v. So it could look like the PSU is at fault, when in reality the fault is elsewhere.

The thing with most switch mode supplies, if there is a short on the output, the ciritary inside the PSU will crowbar the output down to 0v. So it could look like the PSU is at fault, when in reality the fault is elsewhere.

Yes, very good point. Hopefully the OP has done a bit of checking.

why do they always put the little electrolytic start-up capacitor right near the heat sink of the switching device

In case the 150k 1W trickle feed that charges it from the rectified mains doesn't go open-circuit just out of warranty.

BTW the OP didn't say AC or DC, he just called it a transformer. I assume it's DC but we all know about assumptions...

He's either found one or given up anyway.

Reply to Kaidi KDDY008B - Suppliers with same day delivery? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock