Discuss King Dick Gear in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
I have been offered (For a small price) some King Dick tools

not a make I have used before , are they any good...??

Abingdon King Dick tools are solid professional kit (at least always used to be) and worth having.

As above. Definitely if they are original quality they are the very best of tools , right up with the best of brands. They are a very old brand so I am going off past experience, so hopefully the quality is still there.

They used to be the canine's testicles, and the brand to buy in the 60's 70's, since then a bit out of fashion, now you pay extortionate prices for Snap-on which is the equivalent today, if it's stuff from its fashionable period it's great stuff; if its modern then don't know if it's retained the quality, I assume like many brands they went for cheaper quality and traded on the name - Snap-on are doing just that with their Bluepoint range

They used to be the canine's testicles, and the brand to buy in the 60's 70's, since then a bit out of fashion, now you pay extortionate prices for Snap-on which is the equivalent today,
You get what you pay for now German gear made corona virus China.
Most gear now is crap you buy. So we want good stuff cheap but made abroad.

I've used a set of 3/4" drive King Dick sockets for the last 25 years and the previous owner had them for many decades before that - never had a single issue.

Recently I've seen the King Dick name on tools they weren't traditionally associated with and wondered if it's the same manufacturer or some sort of licensing deal.

I've used a set of 3/4" drive King Dick sockets for the last 25 years and the previous owner had them for many decades before that - never had a single issue.

Recently I've seen the King Dick name on tools they weren't traditionally associated with and wondered if it's the same manufacturer or some sort of licensing deal.
I looked them up before , as you can see from their history they have been around a long time.
In their present form they were taken over in 1997.

They have a lot to live up to.
Gordon was another top brand ,Gedore was another top brand from Germany.
I still have a set of AF Williams superslim spanners from my youth.
I have lots of my Dad's old tools
from his days on the heavy opencast plant.

I thought you were struggling with money. You were flogging off some screwdrivers on eBay the other day for £5.50 to get some cash.

I have some king dick spanners and sockets from donkeys years ago that are still sound, they were old school solid tools as has been said. I have in the last couple of years bought some screwdrivers and they have been very good quality so I would still recommend them :thumbsup:

I have been offered (For a small price) some King Dick tools

not a make I have used before , are they any good...??
king dick tools are up there wth britool, gedore, and snap-on. top brand. depends on the price.

I thought you were struggling with money. You were flogging off some screwdrivers on eBay the other day for £5.50 to get some cash.

times are a bit tough , I will admit to that...
i was selling the screwdrivers (and some other stuff i don’t need) to get a few extra quid this month...

Nice old Whitworth there.
Nice pic . :)

Most of my king dick stuff is from the days of Whitworth (reduced sized, not pre 1920's Whitworth).

When things started to go metric brittool was the one to get, so most of my stuff is brittool

Recently I have a few snap-on bits, but with parents dying we have more spanners and tools than we know what to do with, most from garages (father-in-law owned a garage) - they are in the worst condition of any i have!

Reply to King Dick Gear in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock