Discuss Knightsbridge shaver lights. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

pointless anyway. how can you see the bristles through all that gilette foam anyway.

There is a paxolin back which has to be fixed to the back of the fitting with two screws,which requires about a foot of cable out of the wall. Impossible when there's 3" out of a plastered in chase. Eventually on the wall, explain to client how to remove cover....he tries it and breaks off one of the tiny projections on the diffuser without which it wont work. Back to the wholesaler to pick up a replacement, on fitting that then find the slightly uneven wall distorts the fitting by a barely perceptible amount,but it is enough for the diffuser to not seat correctly preventing the poxy thing from working. Much fettling,cursing swearing etc and a half hour job took nearly two hours.
Still....happy days.

ta for the heads up. i'll make sure i avoid like the plague ( or the mother-in-law ).

I know what you mean, there are several makes similar.

If it's on an ordinary plastered wall, I'd be inclined to dump the backing plate. I guess it's only there in case someone wants to mount it on wood. (If it's the one I'm thinking of.)

There is a paxolin back which has to be fixed to the back of the fitting with two screws,which requires about a foot of cable out of the wall. Impossible when there's 3" out of a plastered in chase. Eventually on the wall, explain to client how to remove cover....he tries it and breaks off one of the tiny projections on the diffuser without which it wont work. Back to the wholesaler to pick up a replacement, on fitting that then find the slightly uneven wall distorts the fitting by a barely perceptible amount,but it is enough for the diffuser to not seat correctly preventing the poxy thing from working. Much fettling,cursing swearing etc and a half hour job took nearly two hours.
Still....happy days.

They're all like that, I hate the bloody things. We have a block of flats where every single time a flat becomes a void again, the shaver light is broke and I have to fix or replace. I hate those flats. As a small aside, you can actually fix those diffusers with a pair of pliers if there's only about a millimetre that it's out of place.

Reply to Knightsbridge shaver lights. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net