Discuss Knipex installation pliers... Are they worth the money? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

MJPD29

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
As above I've been looking at adding these to my tool box but not sure if I'd get full use of them, anyone used them before?

In a word... YES!

I've been using them since day 1. Out of the various pliers/snips I have, they and my Knipex side cutters are the most used.

Worth every penny.

I do a lot of work on ladders and up high. It is a real boon using the Knipex combi. It is cutters, crimpers, strippers and pliers as well the tip is good for reaming conduit. I also use the cutting part to score the outer sheath of flexibles. It means I don't have to carry pliers, side cutters crimpers and crimp and a reaming tool. They are well made and well worth the money. It is also safer in terms of the chance of tools falling as I can use one lanyard instead of messing around with all those different tools. Just do not cut steel with them! It really depends on how you operate, they are perfect for me and what I do.

I bought a pair after the recommendations on here if you like your tools they are lovely to handle and use, should have stuck them on your Christmas prezzie list......

Yeah, they're ace. They won't replace side cutters in all circumstances, though (e.g. cutting or stripping in a tight space) as the cutters are not at the end.

I used the Knipex installation pliers in combination with CK combi-cutter 3 (180mm), which as well as being great for snipping and stripping, are also good for pattress screw (M3.5) and M4 machine screw shearing.

As above I've been looking at adding these to my tool box but not sure if I'd get full use of them, anyone used them before?
Why do you think you wouldn't get full use out of them?

I have a set, but they only get occasional use...much prefer CK Croppers for cutting, stripping cable

I got a set after seeing them recommended on here.

Didn’t like them tbh. Don’t even know where they are or if I’ve lost them lol
I think it’s just because it’s not what I’m used to using, but then I’m a bit weird like that lol

Love em- one of my most used tools for smaller stuff. Still need to carry the x cut sidies in the pouch- for cutting where it’s tight, cutting machine screws etc

Reply to Knipex installation pliers... Are they worth the money? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net