Discuss Kopex inside metal trunking in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to the forum, question regarding Band 1 and Band 2 segregation...

So on a site I'm working on, installing access control system. Now the access control panels have designated metal trunking for all relevant cables being low voltage. The trunking is directly above the panels. The fused spurs powering said panels are then coming out the top of the same trunking.

Would it be allowed for the fused supply out the spur to the panel, to run through the metal trunking inside kopex, so not to effect the low voltage access control cabling. I was thinking running kopex inside where they mix with the other cables, to conform with segregating band 1 and band 2 type cables . The singles will be removed as they are supplied by a 3rd party who have just run them in the trunking.

Got a pic for reference:

20190313_125014.jpg

Hi all,

New to the forum, question regarding Band 1 and Band 2 segregation...

So on a site I'm working on, installing access control system. Now the access control panels have designated metal trunking for all relevant cables being low voltage. The trunking is directly above the panels. The fused spurs powering said panels are then coming out the top of the same trunking.

Would it be allowed for the fused supply out the spur to the panel, to run through the metal trunking inside kopex, so not to effect the low voltage access control cabling. I was thinking running kopex inside where they mix with the other cables, to conform with segregating band 1 and band 2 type cables . The singles will be removed as they are supplied by a 3rd party who have just run them in the trunking.

Got a pic for reference:

View attachment 48383
By Low Voltage what do you mean? mains wiring is Low Voltage.

Yes, I've used kopex inside trunking and on tray/basket for the same reason. This is not the ideal solution, but sometimes you just have to work with what you've got.

Reply to Kopex inside metal trunking in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net