Discuss Ladder to fit in car boot in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

RDB85

-
Trainee
Reaction score
I’m looking to get some step ladders but as I’m using my car for work, it needs to fit in the boot. Any recommendations would be great.

how about a a frame telescopic ladder, gives you full length for height but also folds up small. can be used as step ladder too.. something like this.. the multi purpose ladders in screwfix are good but quite bulky although they do give you a good range of uses

how about a a frame telescopic ladder, gives you full length for height but also folds up small. can be used as step ladder too.. something like this.. the multi purpose ladders in screwfix are good but quite bulky although they do give you a good range of uses

That looks okay. Would that be high enough to put cameras on the outside of a house?

50935_1_700x700.jpg

aluminum-telescopic-folding-step-ladder-5-meters.jpg_350x350.jpg

Step ladder extends to 5 metre working ladder!

I never take me boots off in any bodys house. If a customers take the boots off i say got a pair of slippers i can borrow.thats because standing on a metal ladders you will make a path to heaven.

Good solution, but then inside I always use my Werner fibreglass step ladder.

I’m not keen on buying a roof rack for my Lexus. They are not that cheap and looks a bit tacky I think.
Not as tacky as a plaster caste though.
Proper tools for the job are essential for your, and everyone else's safety.
You may be able to get a quick release rack for your car.

Not as tacky as a plaster caste though.
Proper tools for the job are essential for your, and everyone else's safety.
You may be able to get a quick release rack for your car.
Lexus in liverpool? .first his stash of coke, then his wheels. roof rack last.

@RDB85
I have the werner ones you have linked.
Pros
  • They feel very secure and sturdy, probably due to the support bars at the bottom.
  • They fold up very small so ideal for your situation.
  • You can fold them into all kinds of different shapes for different situations.
  • Not too heavy.

Cons
  • The support bars at the bottom can sometimes get in the way when you are in tight spots
  • Because they have so many folding ways the ladder sometimes gets into odd shapes and becomes cumbersome (probably overcome with practise, I don't use it much).
  • No tool tray.
  • Not fibreglass.

I think if I had a choice I would go for the ones Gavin linked in the second post but I have not tried them.

you can get a telescopic tower now, basically 2 telescopic extending ladders with some arms and a platform to stand on. apparently meets all safety requirements but they look flimsy as heck and I don't trust them.

Reply to Ladder to fit in car boot in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net