Currently reading:
Laptop earth-buzz audio fix

Discuss Laptop earth-buzz audio fix in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lecnoob

Ok - long story short. I do music shows and have power trouble using laptops for audio - earth buzz issues. My usual fix has been to find a replacement power supply designed with no earth pin on the plug - no more buzz. This has worked for the last few Toshiba laptops I had and is way cheaper than messing around with earth-loop killers or whatever.

So, my new Samsung has the usual problem, but now I can't find a 2-pin replacement power supply. I've been warned off just disconnecting the earth on the OEM power supply as apparently it might need it by design - though I have no idea why it should do when a 2-pin power supply works totally fine. Please correct me if I can just do this!

In desperation then I'm considering just swapping the tip over on my old Toshiba replacement 2-pin supply and using it with the Samsung - it's 19V and has enough amps. Is this a dumb idea? If not, can anyone tell me where I can buy a solder-able DC tip?

Many thanks!

(Tried posting this here first but doesn't seem like anyone there knows)

Reply to Laptop earth-buzz audio fix in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock