Discuss Laser Levels in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

This is a very old thread.
But I fairly recently picked up a Huepar box-1g for £45 delivered.
4 x AA batteries needed.
Real life (unfair) test in a long school corridor at 12:30pm, against a very bright sun pouring in from the right. The photograph also doesn't pick up the laser line well. But it was perfectly usable and was also clearly visible the other end.

Laser Levels 1644412502070 - EletriciansForums.net

Unlike an £100 Dewalt unit, the Huepar loses intensity about 2 foot in front of it directly above. So in small spaces it's not as good unless you can move it further back. But for the low cost it seems good.

Laser Levels 1644413518214 - EletriciansForums.netLaser Levels 1644413548482 - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited:
This is a very old thread.
But I fairly recently picked up a Huepar box-1g for £45 delivered.
4 x AA batteries needed.
Real life (unfair) test in a long school corridor at 12:30pm, against a very bright sun pouring in from the right. The photograph also doesn't pick up the laser line well. But it was perfectly usable and was also clearly visible the other end.

View attachment 94879

Unlike an £100 Dewalt unit, the Huepar loses intensity about 2 foot in front of it directly above. So in small spaces it's not as good unless you can move it further back. But for the low cost it seems good.

View attachment 94880View attachment 94881

I bought the Huepar 3x360 for about £200 a year or so ago, think its like £170 now. I have not tried the other lasers but I have used it quite a few times for downlights and things and its great.. I did try it once on a sunny day outside and it was completely useless but not sure any other laser level would have been any better... For the price its great, I also got the tripod which is useful.

I'm looking at getting a cheap laser level, anybody use the heupar or tacklife ones?
are they up to the job or not?
I bought the Huepar S03CG-B from Amazon. I has one 360 degree horizontal laser and two vertical 360 degree lasers: this 360 degree arrangements is more versatile than cross line lasers. The green colour is more visible than red lasers.
I have checked the accuracy in horizontal and vertical planes and the laser level is well within the declared tolerance. The declared accuracy is +- 1/9 inch (+- 0.11 inches) at 33ft: actual measured accuracy was +-0.050 inches at 33 feet.
With the aid of a receiver, this can be used outside.
The lock position is useful for setting slopes outside when used with the laser receiver.
The two 360 degree vertical lasers allow a plumb position from floor to ceiling: useful for marking out downlight ceiling lights.

Last edited:
I have a huepar green pendulum type laser, forget which one it is but it's been really good, can't fault the build quality it's been dropped a few times getting it off the tripod and knocked over a couple of times too and is still accurate. They are a lot better for visibility than the red ones and with the reciever they are a very useful product indeed!
Sy

What's the brightest laser around at the moment that isn't stupid money?

Reply to Laser Levels in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock