Search the forum,

Discuss Lathe plaster ceilings in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yeah I doubt theres much difference between boot polish and that iron paste!

got a couple to do actually. As in old fireplaces that have been glossed (arrrhhhhhh) over and need taking back and blacking up. REALLY looking forward to it. Its one of those jobs on the 50+ list that is going to be done slowly. And properly. Like all the other jobs I do of course....

Yeah I doubt theres much difference between boot polish and that iron paste!

got a couple to do actually. As in old fireplaces that have been glossed (arrrhhhhhh) over and need taking back and blacking up. REALLY looking forward to it. Its one of those jobs on the 50+ list that is going to be done slowly. And properly. Like all the other jobs I do of course....
...You sound like a man after my own heart...I did my folks roof a while back,and begrudgingly put through on regs (as required here),BC officer,nice bloke,says "can i ask why you used copper nails and 1" battens?" I told him that i decided rather than do the minimum required,by the regs,i would do the maximum possible,by a dutiful son.He said "fair play,it'll outlast all of us..." :stooge_curly:

Off subject.........but whilst working for a DNO company in a conservation area, several shops /flats were being fed with new U/G supplies. The Guy overseeing the whole job wanted the DNO cables to emerge from the outside and clipped up the outside of each building to the internal meter positions. No problems there....as such. The guy wanted the cables hid! His suggestion, and he was very serious, was to hide said cables in Victorian metal rain water down pipe with gully at the top! I refused point blank giving my reasons from a safety point of view. No one would know that live mains cable would be with what looks like an everyday down pipe. I was not very popular. The council were spending millions on this particular area to get all the local shops etc to look original as it was years ago. I suggested tongue cheek get gas lamps installed!

Don't think plaster goes too well with these.....

mbeLcVKIBDpfKGQgA2WclLw.jpg

Reply to Lathe plaster ceilings in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock