• IMPORTANT: The thread you're reading / posting in, could be in a DIY electrical advice area. Please be aware of your local laws. You're not allowed to provide advice to, or seek advice from, DIYers and fellow professionals in some States, Countries, Countys etc with regards to some types of electrical installations or repairs. Keep that in mind. If it's against the law where you are - always get a professional electrician in to carry out the works instead of doing it yourself. The forum will not be held responsible for any outcome of any applications of any advice sought from it.
Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss laundry tub pump wiring in the DIY Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hello all,

New to the forum. Homeowner/DIYer. I do have ESA permit for the work I'm doing. ie, this will be inspected.

Update - I'm unable to post as I keep getting a message stating "Oops! We ran into some problems."

I attached a text file, my_post.txt, of what I had written in this post, which, no matter what I do or change in it, keeps getting flagged with the Oops message as spam or something malicious.

Thanks!

Gerry

IMG_20190911_132202.jpg

IMG_20190911_132217.jpg

IMG_20190911_132329.jpg

IMG_20190911_132542.jpg

IMG_20190911_132800.jpg

Attachments

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Megawatt

-
Arms
Advent Win
Hello all,

New to the forum. Homeowner/DIYer. I do have ESA permit for the work I'm doing. ie, this will be inspected.

Update - I'm unable to post as I keep getting a message stating "Oops! We ran into some problems."

I attached a text file, my_post.txt, of what I had written in this post, which, no matter what I do or change in it, keeps getting flagged with the Oops message as spam or something malicious.

Thanks!

Gerry

View attachment 52090

View attachment 52091

View attachment 52092

View attachment 52093

View attachment 52094
By the looks on the plug It is 120vac is that right

Megawatt

-
Arms
Advent Win
Hello all,

Thanks!

Gerry

View attachment 52090

View attachment 52091

View attachment 52092

View attachment 52093

View attachment 52094
Gerry it appears the switch cuts the motor off and on with the switch having a set of NC and NO is that right

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't know what's going on, but I was unable to post my response again. "Oops!" pop-up error. My response is now in my_post_2.txt attachment. Really sorry for the inconvenience, and appreciate the help.

Attachments

Megawatt

-
Arms
Advent Win
Hello all,

Thanks!

Gerry

View attachment 52090

View attachment 52091

View attachment 52092

View attachment 52093

View attachment 52094
I don’t think that piggy back is going to work and probably trip the breaker, the hot from the plug in the wall is going to have to go through the switch to the motor I’m not allowed to give you much advice but from what I see with that piggy back. Please don’t use that piggyback you will be putting 120vac on the motor which will start running then 120vac to the switch with your neutral and hot is not going to work that switch doesn’t look like it needs a neutral just dry contacts to start and stop the motor which the diaphragm activates the motor. I advise you to talk to an qualified electrician and not do it yourself and take them wires out of that switch. I’m not trying to make you look bad but please call an electrician

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
thanks. can't post the response I just typed up again. appreciate the help. will do more research, but have to give up on this forum since my posts don't post.

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to laundry tub pump wiring in the DIY Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Top Bottom