Discuss laundry tub pump wiring in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

XsTatiC

DIY
Reaction score
Hello all,

New to the forum. Homeowner/DIYer. I do have ESA permit for the work I'm doing. ie, this will be inspected.

Update - I'm unable to post as I keep getting a message stating "Oops! We ran into some problems."

I attached a text file, my_post.txt, of what I had written in this post, which, no matter what I do or change in it, keeps getting flagged with the Oops message as spam or something malicious.

Thanks!

Gerry

laundry tub pump wiring IMG_20190911_132202 - EletriciansForums.net

laundry tub pump wiring IMG_20190911_132217 - EletriciansForums.net

laundry tub pump wiring IMG_20190911_132329 - EletriciansForums.net

laundry tub pump wiring IMG_20190911_132542 - EletriciansForums.net

laundry tub pump wiring IMG_20190911_132800 - EletriciansForums.net

Attachments

• my_post.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 8
Hello all,

New to the forum. Homeowner/DIYer. I do have ESA permit for the work I'm doing. ie, this will be inspected.

Update - I'm unable to post as I keep getting a message stating "Oops! We ran into some problems."

I attached a text file, my_post.txt, of what I had written in this post, which, no matter what I do or change in it, keeps getting flagged with the Oops message as spam or something malicious.

Thanks!

Gerry

View attachment 52090

View attachment 52091

View attachment 52092

View attachment 52093

View attachment 52094
By the looks on the plug It is 120vac is that right

Hello all,

Thanks!

Gerry

View attachment 52090

View attachment 52091

View attachment 52092

View attachment 52093

View attachment 52094
Gerry it appears the switch cuts the motor off and on with the switch having a set of NC and NO is that right

I don't know what's going on, but I was unable to post my response again. "Oops!" pop-up error. My response is now in my_post_2.txt attachment. Really sorry for the inconvenience, and appreciate the help.

Attachments

• my_post_2.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 5
Hello all,

Thanks!

Gerry

View attachment 52090

View attachment 52091

View attachment 52092

View attachment 52093

View attachment 52094
I don’t think that piggy back is going to work and probably trip the breaker, the hot from the plug in the wall is going to have to go through the switch to the motor I’m not allowed to give you much advice but from what I see with that piggy back. Please don’t use that piggyback you will be putting 120vac on the motor which will start running then 120vac to the switch with your neutral and hot is not going to work that switch doesn’t look like it needs a neutral just dry contacts to start and stop the motor which the diaphragm activates the motor. I advise you to talk to an qualified electrician and not do it yourself and take them wires out of that switch. I’m not trying to make you look bad but please call an electrician

thanks. can't post the response I just typed up again. appreciate the help. will do more research, but have to give up on this forum since my posts don't post.

laundry tub pump wiring pump_wirin - EletriciansForums.net

text content in attachment again since I can't post more than a couple of lines apparently.

Attachments

• my_post_3.txt
    821 bytes · Views: 1

Reply to laundry tub pump wiring in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock