Discuss light for use in well in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
A customer has built a consevatory that has a 40 foot well in the middle, he has then built a wall around the top and had a slate top with a glass top fitted, making it into a circuler table.
We put a cable to supply a light at 1st fix stage.
We have now been asked if we could get a light fitting that could be lowered into the water and uplight the well from the bottem.
Has anyone got any idea of who might make such a light fitting.
Ta

We did a job not so long back which was very similar however the well wasn't as deep. we found that the lights actually looked better towards the top of the well shining down on to the brick work as it gave a much better effect. We fitted some blue collingwood LED lights which were very effective although pricey. Consideration should be taken in to where any drivers, connections and cabling will be hidden and accessed in future

edit: grammar

Last edited:

Reply to light for use in well in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I have two questions regarding wiring and containment on commercial property stairwells in Ireland. We are currently wiring a 3 story...
Replies
Views
Strange on this, we are wiring an extension at the moment and I would like to 3 way the (currently 2 way) landing switch to the new bedroom so...
Replies
Views
Whilst having some building work done we discovered a stone lined well under our new kitchen floor , It is 25' deep and hand dug (through shillet)...
Replies
Views
I'm not trade. Q about light fittings and water. Our village hall has a bar, with a sink for glass washing. We want to put a light above the...
Replies
Views
I'm in Raleigh, North Carolina and have a well for my house's water supply. For some reason, pitless adapters, which allow all piping to be run...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock