Discuss Lights start off dim then flicker in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

cmolden7

DIY
Reaction score
I wire my basement and I have a room where the lights come on but are dim, they eventually get to full strength. Any thoughts on why this one room would do that.
It is set up with 8 canister lights in the ceiling on a regular switch. no dimmer.

I wire my basement and I have a room where the lights come on but are dim, they eventually get to full strength. Any thoughts on why this one room would do that.
It is set up with 8 canister lights in the ceiling on a regular switch. no dimmer.
If the canister lights are fitted with old style energy-saving compact fluorescent lamps (CFL), what you describe can be normal behaviour for that type of light. Changing the bulbs for a more modern version would improve the issue. If you have LED or filament bulbs, I can't explain it.

123 - you beat me too it. I'll have to stop bothering with punctuation 🤣

Reply to Lights start off dim then flicker in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Suggestions / solutions please anyone? I have a 2 way switch, Hall and Landing, power being fed on Landing. When the switch is turned on, the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I added a 240v insta hot water heater at the kitchen sink. When the water heater is in use the lights in the adjacent dining room flicker...
Replies
Views
I am not an electrician but am looking for some advice as to how to fix my sporadic light flickering problem that has come and gone for the year...
Replies
Views
Kitchen led lights have all of a sudden dimmed by about 30% no dimmer in the system. There are 2 switches for this set of lights. Regardless of...
Replies
Views
Hi :) I'm currently renovating my outbuilding. My electrician has fitted 10 conduit LEDs (that support both leading and trailing edge) and x4...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock