Discuss Load Monitoring kit in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Deleted member 4632

Anyone used one of these for kVA calculations? I'm fed up of approximate MD figures.

If not what are people using? Heard some have GPS capabilities but I don't want to pay £££££££

alta-aa-ac-current-meter.jpg

I used to do a full load survey and calculate it all but after speaking to the planners at the DNO they were much more relaxed, they said main things for them were for a typical dwelling ignore the lights, allow for the sockets if lots of appliances,
Major things to allow in your calcs were electric showers, induction hobs, ovens, hot tubs/spas and specifically welding equipment!
they take view that the current method of calculating MD is outdated for average homes these days.
I just give my rough figures now on the notification form, and attach images of the board with mcbs, image of cut out and details of large appliances. they have said they find that much better than a rough or 'calculated' MD figure.
An example - I calculated MD recently for a friends property and on paper you would think it would be drawing over 70A - kept my clamp meter around tail whilst on site surveying and catching up, when i left I looked at the maximum measured value and it was just over 30A in that time oven had been on, kids showering, appliances on all over place. kettles boiled, etc typical use with a family with teenagers who have just got home in the evening.

Reply to Load Monitoring kit in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a question which is confusing me and I cannot find a definitive answer and I hope someone can help. So I have a PC and Monitor and I have...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi - Just joined the forum as I'm making a career change and am training up. I've come across some mock papers online and am concerned that...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to find a way of energy logging a home to help plan a battery installation. Ideally tracking import by hour and displaying some...
Replies
Views
Morning all, I'm wondering if anyone has much experience with the Tesla Gen 3 Wall Chargers? Quick look through the instructions shows no PEN...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I wanted to heat up a .5" copper tube that is approximately 15cm long up to about 250 C. I would like to use nichrome to do...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock