Discuss Looking for transformer in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Is anybody able to help me on where i might be able to find this transformer i have uploaded the picture hopefully u can make out the specifications.

If not exactly to this specification would any 8.6v transformer as long as more then 100ma work?

Looking for transformer IMG-20180610-WA0003 - EletriciansForums.net

Yep, any wire wound transformer of similar spec will work. Does it need to be 8.6 volt? Finding a 9 volt version would probably be easier. Try maplins or RS Components maybe.

what he said, but maplins are bust. need to hurry before all the stock has been sold off.

part of the problem with maplins was some of the bits you wanted.... a 10p component packed in a sealed plastic envelope selling for £2.95.

It is an isolating transformer as specified in EN 61558-2-6 for the safe electrical isolation of the input and output sides. EN61558-2-6 means the transformer may be used to set up protective separation as a protective measure in accordance with VDE 0100 and is suitable for creating SELV and PELV circuits because of the limit on the output voltage.

So for your application the substitute needs to be EN61558-2-6.

I think MS might be:

MS India Transformers - http://www.mstransformers-india.com/?page=products

Perhaps email their info desk.

Thank you all for your replies. Is there any specific name for this particular transformer like what can i type on google to get similar ones to this?

Is it called a sealed tranny?

I'm not sure whether the voltage difference will be an issue TBH. What is the transformer out of?

or one of these. going cheap in toys r us clearance:
Looking for transformer {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

For a shaver it won't make a difference whether it 9v or 8.6v. The transformer I linked to on the RS website is an isolating transformer. Just check that it's not cheaper to buy an entire new shaver socket first though.

For a shaver it won't make a difference whether it 9v or 8.6v. The transformer I linked to on the RS website is an isolating transformer. Just check that it's not cheaper to buy an entire new shaver socket first though.

Believe me personally i would just buy a new one but unfortunately a friend of mine seems to hold it in high esteem

Still check it isn't cheaper to buy a complete new socket and surgically remove the transformer and use it to fix the one you have that has sentimental value.

Reply to Looking for transformer in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock