Discuss Maplins closing down, anything to return??? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

The Ghost

So a £140 graphics card has failed under guarantee. Maplins where I got it from will not refund it. They say email head office. Have done so and the email gets returned saying their server is not accepting emails. So for the past week and sending say a dozen times, no dice. Any bright ideas? No bricks through windows though!

Has the shop you actually got the graphics card closed for good?
If not then go in and demand a refund or get them to ring head office while you are there so you can talk to them and demand a refund from them.
Explain to the shop that the head office are not taking any emails.

Not yet closed for good. Maybe you are aware Maplins are in receivership? So open and running down stocks. Told them the email is rejected, they bleated there is only one person manning head office and such a load of work to do.

Not yet closed for good. Maybe you are aware Maplins are in receivership? So open and running down stocks. Told them the email is rejected, they bleated there is only one person manning head office and such a load of work to do.

Yes, I am aware Maplin are in receivership. Just wasn't sure if the shops have actually closed down for good yet.
Your guarantee is with Maplin. If the shop is still taking money from customers then they should still be able to give you a refund or new GPU.

Go to the shop and ask again for a refund or another GPU. If they say they can't then stand by the doors and as people walk in say "Welcome to Maplin. Please be aware that Maplin are not following up on their guarantee policy and will not replace or reimburse you for any products you purchase...." They will probably give you your money back just to get rid of you.

All suppliers of cards enter into contract with us to replace cards etc. We do not honour any guarantee. It is up to the retailer to honour their contract.

Go to the shop and ask again for a refund or another GPU. If they say they can't then stand by the doors and as people walk in say "Welcome to Maplin. Please be aware that Maplin are not following up on their guarantee policy and will not replace or reimburse you for any products you purchase...." They will probably give you your money back just to get rid of you.

Best tactic in these circumstances. Know round our way as "playing up f*ck" :D
If they still refuse ask for the telephone number of the receivers so you can ask if Maplins should be honouring refunds.

The shops are being run by the receiver not Maplin. Anything purchased before the receiver took over is nothing to do with the receiver. Standard practice I'm afraid.
You become one of Maplins creditors and after the VAT man etc have taken their share you can ask for your share, but only expect a few % of it.

Agree with George cook.
They are no longer liable to give you refund. You may get % from receiver, but doubtful. Write it of as bad debt. Sorry

Rolyberkin
Not very honest. Why stiff someone else just because you get stiffed yourself. No I wouldn't resort to theft/fraud.

If the product was paid using credit card you may have an option there.

Reply to Maplins closing down, anything to return??? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net