Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Marking up socket outlets in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sparks1234

-
Arms
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

this concerns commercial installations not domestic
Is it now law according to new regulations to mark each socket with a circuit number

Andy78

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Not that I'm aware of. But it is a practice that goes back many many years, a good idea, and often included in specifications.

sparks1234

-
Arms
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agree that it’s a good idea, just didn’t know if it had been made a regulation

littlespark

-
Arms
Esteemed
Advent Win
So is there a standard format for marking up sockets etc?

Ie DB number/ line number/ circuit number? Or can you just call one Dave, another Chuck??

I’ve got a new label maker and wanting to try it out

Strima

-
Arms
Esteemed
So is there a standard format for marking up sockets etc?

Ie DB number/ line number/ circuit number? Or can you just call one Dave, another Chuck??

I’ve got a new label maker and wanting to try it out
As long as it's clear and legible you could call them Rita the bi-curious chicken...

D

Deleted member 105166

I use DB1/C101, DB2/C201 etc. You can label domestic too, when they are of the screwless variety with a snap on face plate.

davesparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I use the format of DB1/1L1.

I don't like it when you see sockets and switches with a massive string of numbers and letters giving the full stack up of the distribution back to the main switch, it's toouch unnecessary information in my opinion.

S

Squid

DB, Phase for a start or just make it up as you go along once you are paid don't worry about it as the maintenance team will appreciate the OT ;o)))))

I was joking okay......

T

Toneyz

I use the format of DB1/1L1.

I don't like it when you see sockets and switches with a massive string of numbers and letters giving the full stack up of the distribution back to the main switch, it's toouch unnecessary information in my opinion.
I'm with Dave the simpler the better.

-
Arms
Esteemed
If a domestic customer is being a PITA I'm always half tempted to label up their fancy new sockets, with the yellow background black text tape

Reply to Marking up socket outlets in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom