Search the forum,

Discuss Massive run!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys,

im in doing a rewire in an old listed building sitting on 7 acres of land. About 190 meters away at the end of the garden they are going to put a temple type of pavilion so the daughter can get married there next year. Now of course they've decided they want lighting there. They're happy to dig the trench etc but I've never done anything with a run that big before. To get a 6a supply down there would require 10 mm swa. Is there anything anyone can think of I would need to bear in mind? Or any other suggestions to get over this? They've ruled out a generator or solar..

Thanks

hmm , 10mm cable eh ? what sort of volt drop are you looking at ?

and i doubt they'll only what lights , weddings usually have music , which will require a stereo , which will require a socket , which will need a bigger mcb , which will need a lower ELI , which will need a bigger cable.......

;-)

And in this country some form of heating if it is a year from now. These type of jobs need the details thrashed out and signed for before any cable is put in

If you trust them at their word that is fine, I would cover yourself by telling them the maximum lighting they can have . I would put it in writing.

It will be in writing. And labeled at the end of the cable run. And noted on the certificate and everywhere else I can put it. Can anyone see any problems other than that?

I'm with ruston on this. Put down on the quote that what you are installing is just a 6A circuit for lights.

Reply to Massive run!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net