• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Meggar Mf1730 anyone got one?

Discuss Meggar Mf1730 anyone got one? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Diver233

Fire alarms
got the chance to buy a really good second hand Megger mf1730.
Can anyone tell me if it’s got more or less features than the 1721 ?.
Any help advice gratefully accepted.

Would this be a good unit for students to use?

Sintra

The Innkeeper
Staff member
Admin
Not sure on the features of the 1721 but I do use the 1730 and would recommend it especially if you are getting a good deal on it.

PEG

Respected Member
If it is in good order,and you like it,go for it.
Love it,use it,sleep with it...this is my mft...there are many like it,but this one is mine...;)

happyhippydad

Electrician's Arms
My biggest worry is that if I die my misses will sell all my meters for what I told her they cost
Excellent piece of kit Diver. I have the 1731 so I guess it's not too different. I feel very confident with the results I get from it, unlike my old metrel.

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
and once it arrives,you'll see how to spell "Megger" :D:D:D:D.

PEG

Respected Member
You'll be right.... just take the time to have a good play with it,as there are some handy features,which a lot of lads who run them,never use,or don't realise are there.
Calibrated,and with everything working,they are a cracking bit of kit,and can solve a lot of puzzles,and,i hope,make you rich and famous :)

Marti

Electrician's Arms
The best. I chose it over the 1720 and I think it was the Bluetooth and earth stake test that made the difference. The Bluetooth doesn't work and even Megger admitted that off-the-record. Suggest you download the correct PDF manual, print it and add your own notes. A set of lightmates is useful and the remote trigger unless you have the third hand fitted.

Official Sponsors

Electrician Talk

Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]