Discuss message for shakey in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

markaj

-
Reaction score
Hi Shakey, am i right in thinking you teach 2391, if so could you drop me an email or reply on here what the course consists of. I have passed 2391 practical and just need to pass the written exam, not being the brightest person in the world this might be a difficult task but you knowledge seems great and i am sure you could help
Cheers
Mark

Last edited:
Mark not quite sure what you are asking.......

how did you pass the practical if you dont know the course content?

i have no problem helping, but i will generally do it on the open forum so everyone may benefit

perhaps you could narrow your question down a bit

how/where did you do the practical and WHEN cause that is really important!!!

Sorry mate perhaps i could explain a bit better, i passed my practical on the 15 /5/2008 i just need to do the written test again, failed but dont know what on, i thought i had nailed it. So i dont know whether to do a short course on the written exam or just swot up myself, i really dont think i am a million miles from passing i think i might just need some good revision material, i am not too keen on just learning the answer papers, although i know some people pass exams that way and they are a fairly decent revision tool, but i need more knowledge, if you know what i mean, any help greatly appreciated (passed the practical at technique training) I though i read on here that you ran a training course on 2391, perhaps i was mistaken.

Mark

Last edited:
Sorry mate perhaps i could explain a bit better, i passed my practical on the 15 /5/2008 i just need to do the written test again, failed but dont know what on, i thought i had nailed it. So i dont know whether to do a short course on the written exam or just swot up myself, i really dont think i am a million miles from passing i think i might just need some good revision material, i am not too keen on just learning the answer papers, although i know some people pass exams that way and they are a fairly decent revision tool, but i need more knowledge, if you know what i mean, any help greatly appreciated (passed the practical at technique training) I though i read on here that you ran a training course on 2391, perhaps i was mistaken.

Mark

Mark, yes I do run 2391 courses.

my courses are a week long, including the practical exam

One of the problems Mark, is that the centre registers you for the pracatical and written exam. When you pass both, the certificate is a awarded by C&G. I dont know how the mecanics of would work if you were to sit the practical and written in different locations......never done that one before

The course I run is a 'complete course' sort of equal split between theory and practical

I dont know of anywhere that would do a short course purely on the theory, because the idea is that the theory (if taught properly!) is equally applicable to both the practical and exam content

but the bottom line is, you pays your money you takes your choice

If you want me to design a 'bespoke' course to suit your particular needs, then I can do so, however, it wont be cheap (its purely about ecomonics- I could teach 8 students, or just teach you individually - and I have to bring money into the company)

If you have any specific areas or questions, then stick them on the open forum and we'll have a go

good luck

Shakey i spoke to city and guilds this morning and it does not matter who you do the exams with as long as the candidate number is recorded, so i would be interested in doing your course even if its just the theory side or as you said a bespoke course, just let me know the costs and i will be able to make a decision, thanks in advance
Mark

Reply to message for shakey in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock