Discuss Metal Clad Switch Fuse? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nlbhoy

Hey folks,

Does anyone know where you can get a more compact 100a metal clad switch fuse?

I need to fit one in a external meter box which has limited space, all the ones in my
local wholesalers (city & Ross elec) are round 300mm high x 250mm wide this isn't
giving me much room to fit and make connections.

Just to note:

Previous sparks ran a 25mm SWA from external meter to consumer unit about 8m away
I'm now having to fit a 100a switch fuse to comply with regs.

Thanks

use a wylex KMF.

CGMSF100.JPGsod this metal malarky. it's in an external box,

I'm with davespark on this on his post 4.
I thought that the non-combustible switchgear was added for fire risk. So if there is a fire at the switchgear it can't sped to anything else.
If the meter box is external to the building and not near any other combustible material then there should not be a need for fitting non-combustible items.

I'm with davespark on this on his post 4.
I thought that the non-combustible switchgear was added for fire risk. So if there is a fire at the switchgear it can't sped to anything else.
If the meter box is external to the building and not near any other combustible material then there should not be a need for fitting non-combustible items.

Apart from the meter box being somewhat in the wall cavity, which will act as a natural chimney in the event of a fire in the meter box and make it much worse ;)

Have you got a link to that davesparks? I did try Goggle'ling it myself - honest - but could not find that bit.
PS Forget about the sock thing.

Can't find the BEAMA thing I had in mind, but this from the IET goes some way towards it
http://electrical.------.org/wiring-matters/55/consumer-units/index.cfm

Reply to Metal Clad Switch Fuse? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net