Discuss Metal saddles holding plastic conduit... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
So, I have a customer who wants the dodgy wiring in his cellar extending - currently he has a lighting circuit clipped with plastic clips, down to a bulkhead light and a double 13A socket for his freezer....

So I'm quoting him to run off a ring main to the socket, and install another socket and another light... and I'm looking at PVC conduit as it will be neater, but that got me thinking, it needs to be clipped with metal for 521.10.202, so I could use metal conduit saddles? So how far apart would they have to be?

Or, can anyone think of a better method of fixing? Thx.

So, I have a customer who wants the dodgy wiring in his cellar extending - currently he has a lighting circuit clipped with plastic clips, down to a bulkhead light and a double 13A socket for his freezer....

So I'm quoting him to run off a ring main to the socket, and install another socket and another light... and I'm looking at PVC conduit as it will be neater, but that got me thinking, it needs to be clipped with metal for 521.10.202, so I could use metal conduit saddles? So how far apart would they have to be?

Or, can anyone think of a better method of fixing? Thx.
Yes galvanised saddles are fine, however there are white and black painted versions to match the PVC conduit.

They are absolutely brilliant.
I use them all the time. Saves loads of time.

they are a bit pricey, but once the message gets out there that they exist and bulk orders are made the price will come down.

I mainly use the twin and earth clips to hold in place in chased out walls prior to plastering.

ive also used them with SWA.

give them a try.

They are absolutely brilliant.
I use them all the time. Saves loads of time.

they are a bit pricey, but once the message gets out there that they exist and bulk orders are made the price will come down.

I mainly use the twin and earth clips to hold in place in chased out walls prior to plastering.

ive also used them with SWA.

give them a try.

do you literally just drill the required sized hole and tap the clip in over the cable...?

the only issue I see is if the holes are not straight or the wall isn’t flat you don’t get the slight adjustment that you get with saddles...?

Just tried the Linian clips for T&E recently, and I like them a lot. Used them on a brick wall where the bricks are exposed, so you have existing mortar lines to assist with alignment...fine if the brickie did a good job originally.

Reply to Metal saddles holding plastic conduit... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock