Discuss Meter problem ! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi Veggie I have done some calculations based on the information regarding the heater types. They have not been very conclusive. I hadn't got the water heater wattage but I will assume 3kW and do them again. It is also interesting that the meter seems to be set to a permanent cycle. I thought that it was variable, maybe it is variable as well for very cold spells, who knows. I would like to keep in touch over this as it is a useful exercise in keeping the brain active if nothing else.
The times on/off are very useful as they give a base to work from.

Phil

Again, many thanks, Philpot (or may I call you Phil?).
I gather that the on/off times do vary from time to time, particularly in winter, dependent upon the weather at the time but we don't have any knowledge of such variations.
Our immediate neighbours here have either oil to power their heating or, more rustically, a great big pile of peat to burn up. Thus I can't ask them if they have had similar problems.

It is certainly good to keep the brain cells active so I am happy to provide you with any further information that I can in order to help feed your brain.

Veggieman me thinks you have the times wrong in your previous post Off Peak is midnight to 07:00 Monday to Friday and not sure about Saturday and Sunday but even if they send a signal the heating or the hot water should not kick in unless you are on cheap rate.
The whole idea of Off Peak is that when the nation goes to bed you just cannot switch a pile of power stations off so you utilise it as cheap electricity to charge up storage heaters and immersions.

Off Peak cannot or should not come on between 07:00- 24:00 plus the only reason that they can teleswitch off the supply is if they have grid problems. plus trying to get a DNO to clarify anything is just not going to happen. Hence why I said to monitor the times first so you can compare notes

Hi offpeak, it would be great if you could give us some more info on who you are and how you might be able to help.

Reply to Meter problem ! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net