Discuss Microgeneration / FIT Meter Failure (Landis & Gyr E110) in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Timo17

-
Reaction score
Normally the Landis & Gyr E110 single rate meters are pretty much bullet proof, but I've had two fail on the same installation in less than a month. I'm looking for any clues as to the cause.

Installation is a typical 4kW solar PV system. About a month ago, the FIT meter just died (display blank and no pulses). At the same time, noticed that the main grid meter was not working properly either, (display showing, but readings not changing).
The FIT meter was changed and worked fine. Three weeks later the main grid meter has been changed and noticed during the change, that the FIT meter was dead again!

There's no faults on the PV system, nothing in the inverter alarm log etc. System is still generating and exporting power.

So, questions:

Has anyone come across anything like this before? Or had issues with E110 meters at all?

Any theories?

Only thing I can think of is that a fault in the grid meter somehow caused the E110 to fail over time. But I can't find anyone who knows enough about the meters to discuss this idea with. (Yes, I've tried Landis & Gyr, but they can't give any tech advice).

Hi bud,was the first failed unit assessed or inspected by anyone,to determine a reason?
No. It's a sealed unit, nothing to test. Only hope is getting some advice from the manufacturer, Landis & Gyr, but so far drawn a blank trying to get passed their reception/switchboard.

I'm thinking about cutting the meter open to poke around inside it! Why not? ;-)

Reply to Microgeneration / FIT Meter Failure (Landis & Gyr E110) in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net