Discuss Millennial's in the workplace in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

This thread, baby boomers complaining about the younger generation.

Baby boomers, the only generation to ever leave their kids with a poorer standard of living than themselves, since the Napoleonic Wars.

Baby boomers, the only generation to ever leave their kids with a poorer standard of living than themselves, since the Napoleonic Wars.
Don't suppose you thought that out very well mate, it was the "Baby Boomers parents" who eventually defeated Fascism to give the younger generation the freedom they have today, yes I am a Baby Boomer, and never had it as easy as youngsters today.

Whilst there is a lot of truth in that, I think
Don't suppose you thought that out very well mate, it was the "Baby Boomers parents" who eventually defeated Fascism to give the younger generation the freedom they have today, yes I am a Baby Boomer, and never had it as easy as youngsters today.

Every individual boomer has this 'four Yorkshire men' reminiscence of their childhood.

The stats prove, as a group, history will remember them as the guilded generation. Those that have taken the most and returned the least, pulled the ladder up after them and blamed everyone else for it.

Boomers earned more in work, inflation corrected, than any other age group in history.

They bought the cheapest houses and although there were short term interest rate pressures their debts were ultimately inflated away as wages kept pace with high inflation. By no means easy at times but if you stayed the distance the returns were astronomical.

Boomers are earning more in retirement than those in aged 20-29, and the trend is widening, soon they'll be earning more in retirement than those in their 30s. This is primarily down to real wages falling in value since the early 1990s where private pensions have been contractually protected against inflationary pressures.

Big business has been driving down the cost of labour for decades by reducing wages, pensions and benefits. Who are the biggest shareholders?,,,,, yup pension funds.

All the while those aged 20-40 are trying to start families and buy houses.

People are buying houses later.
People are getting married later.
People are starting families later.

Legislation has been passed to force young people to start a pension to add more money into a dwindling pot, one which they will probably never see a return from.

The present is not rosey for today's young, the future looks bleak, retirement isn't going to happen for the vast majority.

Hey but if you want to complain about the mobile phones and trainer they buy, don't. Who do you think Apples biggest shareholders will be? Who do you think Addidas' biggest shareholder will be?

Quite what Boomers parents did or didn't do in the war, other than to make all the sacrifices, is of no baring in regards to the life of Riley they themselves have lived.

It's an emotive one but being in denial about the blessings Boomers have had solves nothing

Exactly.

The Baby boomers parents. Aka the greatest generation. The baby boomers themselves ----ed about in the sixties. Summer of love and all that.

The baby boomers are riding on the coat-tails of their parents great achievements.

Exactly.

The Baby boomers parents. Aka the greatest generation. The baby boomers themselves ****ed about in the sixties. Summer of love and all that.

The baby boomers are riding on the coat-tails of their parents great achievements.
May be true but they certainly had booger all to crow about leading up to the 60s, unlike some of todays examples, see I said some not all.

I have two apprentices. Both started at the same time and have access to the same type of work and have worked with the same sparks.

Both are at other ends of the spectrum in terms of their development into the electrical world.

Any ‘millennial’ with issues it is completely down to their parenting and nothing else. Some youngsters have had to work for nothing and think that should continue into adulthood and the workplace.

Kids a are product of their parenting and thinfs are getting worse as we now see kids that parents were kids when they were born enter adulthood and have grown up with little discipline in their lives and been around parents that have never worked.

May be true but they certainly had booger all to crow about leading up to the 60s, unlike some of todays examples, see I said some not all.
yep. meat rationing till c.1954. never knew what a banana was till i was 11. central heating was an overcoat on the bed. tin bath in kitchen on a Saturday. parents first, then kids by descending order of age. toilet bottom of yard. today's kids are really hard done to with only 1 iphone each.

Reply to Millennial's in the workplace in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock