Discuss Milwaukee packout opinions in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
How do people rate the Milwaukee packout stuff? Considering buying some but as it’s quite expensive I’d like to hear from electricians that actually use it. One thing In the back of my mind is the width , does it go through doorways in people’s houses ok ?

It'll go through doors no problem. The only downside I can think of is that boxes can quickly get very heavy when it comes to lifting them in and out of a vehicle.

I'd looked at a few different options, but wasn't comfortable with aspects of all others. If shelling out for something I want to know it's fit for purpose and don't have a single regret about spending on the Packout. Not sure I could justify the price of accessories as many appear to be eye-wateringly expensive, but the three piece trolley box set was worth every penny and takes significant abuse, without issue.

I'd certainly buy their organisers, but only if they were drastically reduced in price. Ultimately it was convenient tool storage and transportation that I needed, with organisers or other accessories not being a consideration. Plenty of very good organisers are available at excellent prices and Packout accessories are far too expensive for my tastes.

I'd certainly buy their organisers, but only if they were drastically reduced in price. Ultimately it was convenient tool storage and transportation that I needed, with organisers or other accessories not being a consideration. Plenty of very good organisers are available at excellent prices and Packout accessories are far too expensive for my tastes.
Agreed , I don’t know how they can be 3 X the price of a Stanley organiser . Must be just pure profit.

Agreed , I don’t know how they can be 3 X the price of a Stanley organiser . Must be just pure profit.

I've seen one and they're well made, but not well enough to warrant the price tags. The Stanley organisers are excellent, although it's always the deep ones on offer and those end up weighing quite a bit. I also have a couple of the flimsy Stanley organisers for odd bits and pieces - they're not so well made, but the low price tag makes up for that 😁

I've seen one and they're well made, but not well enough to warrant the price tags. The Stanley organisers are excellent, although it's always the deep ones on offer and those end up weighing quite a bit. I also have a couple of the flimsy Stanley organisers for odd bits and pieces - they're not so well made, but the low price tag makes up for that 😁
My pet hate with the cheap ones is if things can migrate from one section to another , used the deep Stanley ones with individual pots in them for years without issue, just wish they’d click together. The dewalt t stack and Stanley pro stack are much more reasonably priced than the Milwaukee , just not sure if they’d be up to the job 🤔

IF all these celeb sparks like Artisan are still charging £900 per day , then it wouldn't take more than a few days work to buy a full pack out system with all the bells and whistles

Quite true , and 2 drawers would be full of cash! Not familiar with him I’ll have a look and get some tips
Jordan who runs Artisan is a very good businessman and knows how to make maximum profit on the job. He targets the upper end domestic market and as a famous actor once coined 'show me the money'

There are quite a few of these systems to choose from, but none that I ever felt would be able to absorb the sort of punishment I'd likely inflict on them. Packout is expensive, and there are a few issues about which I still harbour doubts, but it's streets ahead of all other options.

I guess much depends on what you want one for and what sort of abuse it's likely to encounter.

I have several of the Pack Out organisers mount vertically on the mounting plate fitted in my van nothing migrates apart from the smallest bootlace ferrules. I've solved this by adding and extra seal of 2mm self adhesive black neoprene sheet, very rarely do I open it to find any have visiting the different sized buddies.

Reply to Milwaukee packout opinions in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net