Discuss Milwaukee packout opinions in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Stanley also do one ...
Seems like a good budget option, certainly a lot cheaper than packout.
As nicebutdim says Milwaukee is bound to be the toughest and would last , but it’s nearly treble the price .
The t stack/ pro stack is a lot more reasonably priced but the latching/ unlatching of the cases doesn’t look as nice as the Milwaukee. I need to have a play with both and decide .
Stanley also do one ...

I have several of the Pack Out organisers mount vertically on the mounting plate fitted in my van nothing migrates apart from the smallest bootlace ferrules. I've solved this by adding and extra seal of 2mm self adhesive black neoprene sheet, very rarely do I open it to find any have visiting the different sized buddies.
Good idea David , it boils my p*ss when they migrate

Are you finding the system decent ?
So so, I do testing and diagnostics mostly so all that heavy reels etc get sling in the bottom and the 2 top boxes (a smaller box and a cordless drill type box) get my books and test kit, coupled with my extending stool gives me a portable workstation, can attach my stepup to it via bungees too so have everything I need

So so, I do testing and diagnostics mostly so all that heavy reels etc get sling in the bottom and the 2 top boxes (a smaller box and a cordless drill type box) get my books and test kit, coupled with my extending stool gives me a portable workstation, can attach my stepup to it via bungees too so have everything I need
Thanks , is the latching / unlatching ok ? I know with drawers this is eliminated to some extent but I’d still need a fair few organisers. Our trade must be one of the worst for the amount of gear you need to cart with you (joiners maybe even worse)

Just as an FYI, I bought the Trend Pro 4 in December. Not a patch on Milwaukee, but got it for under £100 on a Black Friday deal.

Just as an FYI, I bought the Trend Pro 4 in December. Not a patch on Milwaukee, but got it for under £100 on a Black Friday deal.
How do you rate it Timbo ? It’s another system I’d noticed but not seen in the flesh. Seems reasonably priced as well

How do you rate it Timbo ? It’s another system I’d noticed but not seen in the flesh. Seems reasonably priced as well
First one arrived broken 😢🙁. Was a Black Friday deal.
Not tough enough for rigorous use.
For light use it's OK, but I've put it to one side to keep spare tools in.
Gone back to Packout. Keeping the small toolbox though. It's not too bad.

One other deciding factor when I bought the Packout was availability of spare parts. Need a wheel, axle, handle, latch etc. and these can all be sourced - of course they most likely won't be readily available from all suppliers, but at least they do exist.

First one arrived broken 😢🙁. Was a Black Friday deal.
Not tough enough for rigorous use.
For light use it's OK, but I've put it to one side to keep spare tools in.
Gone back to Packout. Keeping the small toolbox though. It's not too bad.
Thanks for the reply , looking at reviews online a lot of people said it was fragile.

One other deciding factor when I bought the Packout was availability of spare parts. Need a wheel, axle, handle, latch etc. and these can all be sourced - of course they most likely won't be readily available from all suppliers, but at least they do exist.
Fair point mate, I get the feeling that spares will be available many years in the future. Also they seem to be coming out with new accessories for it constantly

Have had them all, Tanos systainer, L-Boxx, DeWalt Toughsystem, Tstak etc.
For me, Packout wins easily because all are just stackable boxes and the packout stacks and unstacks easier than all the rest. The fact that the mechanism is on the front is the real deal changer, because you can almost always, reach the front of the box, while its usually difficult to access both sides.

Have had them all, Tanos systainer, L-Boxx, DeWalt Toughsystem, Tstak etc.
For me, Packout wins easily because all are just stackable boxes and the packout stacks and unstacks easier than all the rest. The fact that the mechanism is on the front is the real deal changer, because you can almost always, reach the front of the box, while its usually difficult to access both sides.
Thanks , that’s an excellent point about the one handed unlatching , ive had the lbox in the past also and they always felt like they’d break but never did admittedly. Seems like the packout is the clear winner for quality.
Have you got any of the organisers or drawers ?

Have lots, but I recently got the 3 drawer box, love it. It's a brilliant design.Have all the hand tools instantly accessible without unstacking anything, yet all drawers totally secure when travelling.

One thing I have found annoying is to open any of the boxes you have to unstack partially. The rolling cart is the only one that opens against the handle, the others have to unlatch from the box below.

I have several Systainers as well with Festool gear, the Mk2 has one twist latch which locks the lid, turn 90⁰ and it locks the box above to it. Not as strong as Milwaukee, though.

One thing I have found annoying is to open any of the boxes you have to unstack partially. The rolling cart is the only one that opens against the handle, the others have to unlatch from the box below.

I have several Systainers as well with Festool gear, the Mk2 has one twist latch which locks the lid, turn 90⁰ and it locks the box above to it. Not as strong as Milwaukee, though.

This is a good point - especially when wanting to quickly lift a tool from the van. Generally I unlatch the box and let it slide forward on its interlock as this movement is sufficient to fully open the lid. On site it's not much of a issue as boxes are quickly separated on the floor for quick access to all tools.

Got 2 of the tool cases when I bought the power tools and boosted it to half a dozen when I saw some at a more reasonable price, useful when you can snap two together to speed loading/unloading the van, although they don't hang straight. Bought a few of the extra clips to and intend to stick them on the other tool cases like laser level etc.

Not cheap but seem indestructible.

Heads up on Packout drawer units:
ITS . co . uk kit builder.
M12 kit builder, you have to buy a battery and a charger, but the 2 and 3 drawer units are only £151.31 inc vat each. Can always sell battery and charger afterwards.

Reply to Milwaukee packout opinions in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net