Discuss Minimum wage and freddo's , food for thought in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Food for thought
The Freddo theory
In 1999 minimum wage was £3.60/hour and a freddo was 5p
This means you could buy 72 freddos with an hours wage

Now minimum wage is £7.50/hour yet freddo's are 25p , meaning you can only buy 30 freddo's with an hours wage

For the continuum of freddo purchasing we need £18/hour minimum wage

going back further, average wage in 1965 was £10/week. a gallon of 4 star was 5/-, so you could buy 40 gallons a week. now petrol is £5.35/gallon, so to buy 40 gallons, wage would need to be £214. so in that situation we're better off.

example 2. pint of milk was 1/-. so for your tenner you'd get 200 pints. now milk is 35p/pint so 200 pints would be £70.

the above goes to prove that freddos are a rip-off.

going back further, average wage in 1965 was £10/week. a gallon of 4 star was 5/-, so you could buy 40 gallons a week. now petrol is £5.35/gallon, so to buy 40 gallons, wage would need to be £214. so in that situation we're better off.

example 2. pint of milk was 1/-. so for your tenner you'd get 200 pints. now milk is 35p/pint so 200 pints would be £70.

the above goes to prove that freddos are a rip-off.
I like freddos - they are the equivalent of a shot to a chocoholic! and the caramel Freddo just provides its own lubrication!
Chocolate! aaaah!
must admit prefer a good old CHOMP

CHOMPs can be quite testing to the uninitiated - you don't want to be caught taking a break from chewing 2 minutes in - never live that down!

never heard of freddos before this thread.

Whats a "freddo" I'm retired so be mindful of how you answer please.

Used to cost 5 p now cost 25p so everyone on social media are moaning that they can't afford as many Freddos as back in the 90's. Mainly just porpers and poorly paid people moaning about their £7.50 a hour minimum wage, when lets be fair if they had worked a bit harder they wouldn't be on such a sh*t wage anyway.

To sum things up, people want everything for nothing.

Used to cost 5 p now cost 25p so everyone on social media are moaning that they can't afford as many Freddos as back in the 90's. Mainly just porpers and poorly paid people moaning about their £7.50 a hour minimum wage, when lets be fair if they had worked a bit harder they wouldn't be on such a sh*t wage anyway.

What's a porper?

Mainly just porpers and poorly paid people moaning about their £7.50 a hour minimum wage, when lets be fair if they had worked a bit harder they wouldn't be on such a sh*t wage anyway.

I know several people on minimum wage who work their arses off for that. Not everyone has the opportunity or skills to get a better paid job. If there's no work in the area would you rather they sit at home claiming on the dole?

I could rant on further but I won't.

Reply to Minimum wage and freddo's , food for thought in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net