Discuss Motor relay on Radial Arm Saw in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have an old DeWalt 721 Radial Arm saw that recently stopped working. Initially I thought this was because one of the Start / Stop buttons disintegrated (came unscrewed) and spread its workings all over the floor. I subsequently changed both the switches like for like. (Rafi 1.10001). Unfortunately the saw was still not operational. Next port of call was the contactor, housed in a small box to the side of the saw. As far as I can ascertain with a multimeter, there is 240v going in, but nothing coming out. The relay is a Tripus 305.233 (8 pins). Contactor (undervoltage release) Tripus 305.233 - https://www.kahlhorn.com/schuetz-tripus-br01-305233::805.html.
Unfortunately I can't find anyone that can supply this in the UK and the european suppliers are currently not delivering to the UK inside of about 4-5 weeks. I've looked at one possible alternative (Kedu JD3) which seems to be listed as a replacement (the 8 pin version) - but again, I'm not having much joy sourcing in the UK in a short time frame.
All the spare parts companies that I've tried, list the DeWalt part as discontinued or unavailable.
I use the saw on a daily basis and need a quick but reliable fix. Is there something that I can replace it with that might be readily available off the shelf or am I destined to wait weeks for a replacement.
Thanks Guys - any advice would be appreciated.

I think you are not getting responses because it is a bit of a dilemma. There might be alternative products that could replace the original as far as functions are concerned. But as a safety-critical component, one would be reluctant to suggest anything other than the original, as that would require taking on the responsibility for the modified design. You might just have to wait for the genuine part.

I have an old DeWalt 721 Radial Arm saw that recently stopped working. Initially I thought this was because one of the Start / Stop buttons disintegrated (came unscrewed) and spread its workings all over the floor. I subsequently changed both the switches like for like. (Rafi 1.10001). Unfortunately the saw was still not operational. Next port of call was the contactor, housed in a small box to the side of the saw. As far as I can ascertain with a multimeter, there is 240v going in, but nothing coming out. The relay is a Tripus 305.233 (8 pins). Contactor (undervoltage release) Tripus 305.233 - https://www.kahlhorn.com/schuetz-tripus-br01-305233::805.html.
Unfortunately I can't find anyone that can supply this in the UK and the european suppliers are currently not delivering to the UK inside of about 4-5 weeks. I've looked at one possible alternative (Kedu JD3) which seems to be listed as a replacement (the 8 pin version) - but again, I'm not having much joy sourcing in the UK in a short time frame.
All the spare parts companies that I've tried, list the DeWalt part as discontinued or unavailable.
I use the saw on a daily basis and need a quick but reliable fix. Is there something that I can replace it with that might be readily available off the shelf or am I destined to wait weeks for a replacement.
Thanks Guys - any advice would be appreciated.
How do you know that your getting power to pull in the coil in on the relay?

Reply to Motor relay on Radial Arm Saw in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock