Discuss Motorhome setup in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Converting a Toyota coaster bus to a motorhome DIY

Bus runs on 24v. Has 2x12v batteries on a 24v configuration for starting the engine, radio, etc.

I bough two 12v 130ah lithium ion batteries that claim to have a built in battery management system and would like to charge them as the bus runs.

I don’t mind having the lithium ion batteries on 12 or 24v but would like to know how to charge them from the buses alternator/batteries. Then I would also need an inverter to run appliances of the lithium batteries.

How shoul I wire the camping lithium batteries to the buses batteries so they charge as the bus runs but doesent drain them when the main bus batteries when the engine is not running and the appliances are being used. ?

This sounds awesome. You have to update the thread with pictures as you go on!

As for the pimp-my-ride battery setup (seen it on loads of their shows when they install loads of speakers and amps and screens) - I never remember how they said they did it!

It's a common situation surely? Give it a bit. Somebody will know the answer to this for sure.

first find out what sort of charging system the Li-Ion batteries require. the rough charging system on the vehicle could kill them.

This is an incredibly raw way to do it, but this guy does it like this.

That seems a bit too raw for me. Questionably dangerous?

Can I suggest that you get yourself into a facebook group called "Lithium batteries on a boat". It's basically exactly the same on a motorhome. On there, you'll find wiring diagrams, charging solutions, alternator setups... everything you need !

Can I suggest that you get yourself into a facebook group called "Lithium batteries on a boat". It's basically exactly the same on a motorhome. On there, you'll find wiring diagrams, charging solutions, alternator setups... everything you need !
OoOooo we need those on here! Who runs that? Do we have them on the forum?

It's a shame to lock it down to just Facebook users. A lot of people are giving up their accounts or just using them for photo storage these days. Since their privacy issues last year (this year?).

How you managed to find that is a miracle. ☺️

Reply to Motorhome setup in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net