Discuss Motorhomeexpress.co.uk do not use them warning. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

The Ghost

Just a warning about the above organisation. They took a £200 deposit and we changed our mind they would not not not give us the deposit back. Looked on line and found some very damning reviews especially doing the same thing to others. Do not use them or enter into any contract/deposit with them. Apparently their motor homes are pretty horrid as well according to reviews. And you have to be really careful about the condition of the body work and make sure photos are taken prior to driving off with it as they charge exorbitant fees to say replace a wing mirror and so on.

Why is this on an electricians site ?
Because Vortigern has been on the site for a long time and decided to let the other people he has got to know about a dodgy company. Also he is annoyed and is letting off steam. I reckon that's ok.
Thanks for the heads up Vortigern :)

Just a warning about the above organisation. They took a £200 deposit and we changed our mind they would not not not give us the deposit back. Looked on line and found some very damning reviews especially doing the same thing to others. Do not use them or enter into any contract/deposit with them. Apparently their motor homes are pretty horrid as well according to reviews. And you have to be really careful about the condition of the body work and make sure photos are taken prior to driving off with it as they charge exorbitant fees to say replace a wing mirror and so on.
Isn't that how deposits often work? You commit to something and so pay a deposit as a sign of your commitment. When you change your mind, the company keep the deposit because they lost out on the income from what you said you'd purchase from them.

Isn't that how deposits often work?
No under the Trades Description Act you normally have a cooling off period. Ours was two hours when we changed our mind. Therefore we were within the cooling off period. But never mind if you have the misfortune to get ripped off in a similar manner I hope you can be so blithe about it as well.

No under the Trades Description Act you normally have a cooling off period. Ours was two hours when we changed our mind. Therefore we were within the cooling off period. But never mind if you have the misfortune to get ripped off in a similar manner I hope you can be so blithe about it as well.
Fair enough. I wasn't being blithe and said it's 'often' how deposits work. Perhaps your OP should have included the detail around the timeframe involved?

Thank-you for your concise and to the point --WARNING--
( Un-Obscured by bitter ramblings & If onlies ! )
( reminds me of pushy optimistic ..
Window / Kitchen salesmen =reason for "cooling off" Law )

Why is this on an electricians site
why not ,I dont blame him after I looking on face ache site .
I remembered a few year ago I had taken the grandkids to a static caravan site in the lake district for a little hols .
this before face ache came along ,it was a dump .complained to the person that owed the place ,paid a deposit .no joy of getting the Moneys back .thank god for face ache .

There is no cooling off period for vehicle rental services. For vehicle rental services you get the Same cancellation rights as if you had brought/paid for their service whilst on their business premises....Even if you had booked online or over the phone etc. They have every right to charge a cancellation fee, hold some or all of your deposit to compensate for their financial loss...For example where they set aside time to provide the service and can’t book the motor home out for the same period....

What should be going on the ‘off topic’ forum? Thanks for the info

Anything goes in the 'off topic' section. Its off topic, so doesn't have to be electrical based at all.-
TV programmes seen, daft youtube videos, cookie recipes... anything

Vorti…. check the T&C's..... there might be a way to persuade them to return deposit if you threaten solicitor action. Treat it like an unpaid bill.
Thanks for the warning anyway.

I got a caravan for sale if you're looking for something??

Reply to Motorhomeexpress.co.uk do not use them warning. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock