Discuss Mr electric in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

The guy in Teesside has but isn't it all a franchise. Maybe the franchisee has gone under but I don't know where that leaves the franchisors. Maybe an accountant could answer that

The guy in Teesside has but isn't it all a franchise. Maybe the franchisee has gone under but I don't know where that leaves the franchisors. Maybe an accountant could answer that

its the main holding company so they all would go

I thought if you bought a franchise and the organisation you bought it from went under you would be ok. Oh well live and learn.

Not surprised really. Their franchise costs were way too high, so the take up was poor. On top of that the set job rates were also high and so the franchisees were struggling to win jobs. I was taking jobs off a local MrE left right and centre through last year. I was usually about 2/3 his price and I thought I was getting good money for the jobs.

I was QS for the west london franchise a few years ago.

Met all the people in head office on some outings, including the big boss man (Clive I think).

Judging from their company ethics and pricing manuals..

good f**king riddance IMO.

Never understood the whole set up personally, 1 MrE I was talking to said you even had to pay a % on work you got yourself not just what they gave you. Did Mr E have national contracts?

Mr Electric (Franchise HQ) has gone under... Owned by clive houlston

but also Mr Electric Tees Valley (Franchise) went bust due to mis management and constant crap...!

Only dealings I ever had was a flood damaged property - a Mr electric had beenthere first and installed a temp supply.

RIGHT underneath where water was pouring into the garage. It was soaked. I laughed my head off, took pictures, got the builder and the chippys and the plasterer and the painters to have a look. And the gas bloke.

Very funny.

Only time i dealt with them was on a new build property. RCD had tripped on the weekend and the customer for some reason instead of contacting the builders out of hours service, contacted their insurance company who sent in mr. electric. He was still messing around on monday having been there all sunday! By then he had stripped pretty much all the fittings off the offending ring circuit, including disconnecting the 8 gang grid for the kitchen appliances breaking several in the process and marking none of the conductors.
He had absolutely no bl**dy idea how to fault find so i showed him as best i could how to proceed and put a lot of what he had done right.
Turned out to be the customers old iron still plugged into a socket in a spare bedroom.

They can never remember exactly what they were doing just before the fault occurred either ("boiling the kettle"! "put the tumble dryer on"!).

Had a run in with the Aylesbury one about 8 years ago , one of our clients that we had just completed a total rewire for a new milking parlour , had a rcd trip at 4.30 one Sunday morning when he went to milk and for some reason could not get through to my mobile .

So he called Mr electric from the paper , the bloke apparently spent about 5 hours trying to find the fault and in the end he put a 32a on a 2.5 radial going to a 3kw water heater , and made out it was because of a overload and said the whole place was dangerous and needed a rewire , that he would be happy to quote for then charged £320 + vat !
He also apparently went on about , because it was TT and had a main switch time deley rcd with individual 30ma rcbo's where applicable that was also part of the fault ?

Five minutes after he leaves it goes again so my client phones me again and gets through , when i turn up i mega the water heater and low and behold it is down to earth ( over load my arse ! ) .

This was just the post I was looking for after being contacted by Mr Electric over the past few weeks. The more info the better.

Reply to Mr electric in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock