Discuss Multiple cooking appliances. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Isn't the problem that you've only got 6mm and a 32A mcb? Now I've smelt the cooking I def would not add this new hob to that circuit, a change from what I implied at 6:30 this morning ...(darn, too late to edit?). If circuit was at least 40A then it's a maybe but we are back to actual useage vs OSG advice. A 2nd 6mm and it can be Christmas every day :)

I think if you have one existing 32A radial, I'd be inclined to drag in another. If you have a butchers at H4 OSG (described by some, as a storybook with pictures), it makes reference to isolation, and refers to reg 536.2, which I can't make sense of, but think says refer to manufacturer?
Yes mate, I did read that and the reg which is another quite flouncy sentence :D and in my mind is taken as add an isolation switch to switch the appliances conveniently rather than one switch to shut off 3 different appliances for instance. Either way thanks for input from all ;) I'm nearly off to the airport as Mallorca soon !

At least take the OSG with you for lying by the pool reading material - you'll be clued up by the time you return!
Happy holiday!
Yes mate, I did read that and the reg which is another quite flouncy sentence :D and in my mind is taken as add an isolation switch to switch the appliances conveniently rather than one switch to shut off 3 different appliances for instance. Either way thanks for input from all ;) I'm nearly off to the airport as Mallorca soon !

Reply to Multiple cooking appliances. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello All. I'm quite new to this game and gaining experience, but going well in the main. My customer wants to feed a Hob ( on island in centre...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’ve got an issue driving me crazy and can’t get anyone to figure it out as it’s not their issue. We had a new extension, single rear...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm getting a 32a induction hob and a 13a oven installed as part of a kitchen refurb. The existing cooker circuit is 6mm protected by a...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm in the process of having my kitchen refurbished and I'm looking for advice on my current setup as I have been told that I will...
Replies
Views
Evening all, I'm upgrading my kitchen electrics replacing the current gas hob for an induction hob. The oven was previously plugged into the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock