Discuss my turn for a rant! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

i dont have a drinking problem, im a lightweight 5 or 6 pints in a night and ill be on me arse
Me to mate,only problem is these days I can't afford 4 or 5 pints of bourbon!A couple of years back the brother in law came up to visit and we had a session,a litre of malt and 3/4 litre of vodka,I felt bad about getting him p155ed until he admitted that I'd drunk most of it

You're very welcome mate, I'm raising a glass (well a can really) to many more of them for you.
Cheers Trev,just had a nice surprise,the eldest has been around with the grandkids and actually dropped a card and present off,200 smokes, had to laugh because he's just come back from holiday and I paid him to bring me a box of rolling baccy back,so I'll probably smoke myself to death.

Me to mate,only problem is these days I can't afford 4 or 5 pints of bourbon!A couple of years back the brother in law came up to visit and we had a session,a litre of malt and 3/4 litre of vodka,I felt bad about getting him p155ed until he admitted that I'd drunk most of it
last time i was really bad i had about

1 pint
1 single brandy
2 x double brandys
next bar
3 doubles
then i got conned into paying for a round of shots and no one was drinking them. i got a couple down then after that i remember stumbling through the door 3 hours later

Well guys,Everyone seems to have been having a bit of a rant about different things lately so I figure it's my turn.I'm totally fed up of people with no self control and the nanny state.Have you noticed lately that it seems we've all got to pay the price for other people's lifestyles? These days nothing tastes like it used to because all the food has been messed about with,sugar has been all but eliminated from sweets and soft drinks,nearly all frozen food,such as chips,fishcakes,crispy pancakes etc have to be oven cooked instead of fried and why? Simple because a branch of society cannot help but stuff as much food as it can down it's greedy little throats,become grossly overweight and then run around screaming "it's not my fault I'm fat" well listen fatty yes it is your fault simple as!there's a fat family live over the road from me and they are constantly shoving something down their greedy little throat's.The whole lot are overweight even the young grandchild who is about 2 years old,The grandfather waits for the ice cream van every night'it's usually around at 8 pm and as soon as the bell rings he waddles out of the gate as fast as he can go.my god it's like Pavlov's dog all over again! The other night it was late and he was pacing up and down on the front with a look of panic on his face,omg a night without a large 99,will he survive the night!Now if you're stupid enough to have no self control and go ramming all kinds of stuff down your throat and pile weight on then it's your fault not mine simple as,so why should my food be mucked about with? I and a lot of other people my age are not overweight (I'm 49 tomorrow) and why? because we ate all things in moderation,and got off our backsides and worked for a living instead of being sat on them ramming McDonalds down our throats while playing video games or watching Jeremy Kyle!Same with drink,now I know there are people who have a genuine drink problem and they have my sympathy,however I'm sick to death of alcohol prices going up because of this new generation of people who can't take their ale and end up fighting and causing trouble,clogging up A&E every Friday and Saturday night or rampaging around the town causing mayhem.If you can't take your ale then don't drink it's that simple.I'm totally fed up with the nanny state and everyone's selfish attitudes and this belief that somebody else should take responsibility for YOUR actions.
Tomorrow I will be 49,I will get up as usual open my single birthday card from my wife,note I said single! Because no doubt all my family and the so called friends who ring me everytime they have a problem will be too wrapped up in their own little worlds to even think about sending me a card.Typical of the society we live in. Rant over.

Happy Birthday! You know it's not their fault that they think it's not their fault!!:confused:

Agree competely
I remember going to the job centre pre internet days, after being laid off from work years ago because I broke my leg and couldn't believe people in there moaning about the suggestion that they should walk a mile to a local factory for work! I'm standing there with severe pain and an obvious bad limp having not quite recovered yet

I told the bloke working there that I didn't need help from him to find a job but it looked like he needed some to deal with these idiots!
Also an interesting comment from a local farmer in his eighties
He said regarding the obesity problem which he said was down to the bleeding heart society we live in.

"Isn't it funny .....most countries you go to its the rich who are fat and the poorer people who are skinny......
How is it that this country is the other way round! ."

Happy birthday owt lad! Have a goodun’!

[video=youtube;RCqKMJiFj8A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCqKMJiFj8A[/video]

Reply to my turn for a rant! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net