Discuss my turn for a rant! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Guest111

Well guys,Everyone seems to have been having a bit of a rant about different things lately so I figure it's my turn.I'm totally fed up of people with no self control and the nanny state.Have you noticed lately that it seems we've all got to pay the price for other people's lifestyles? These days nothing tastes like it used to because all the food has been messed about with,sugar has been all but eliminated from sweets and soft drinks,nearly all frozen food,such as chips,fishcakes,crispy pancakes etc have to be oven cooked instead of fried and why? Simple because a branch of society cannot help but stuff as much food as it can down it's greedy little throats,become grossly overweight and then run around screaming "it's not my fault I'm fat" well listen fatty yes it is your fault simple as!there's a fat family live over the road from me and they are constantly shoving something down their greedy little throat's.The whole lot are overweight even the young grandchild who is about 2 years old,The grandfather waits for the ice cream van every night'it's usually around at 8 pm and as soon as the bell rings he waddles out of the gate as fast as he can go.my god it's like Pavlov's dog all over again! The other night it was late and he was pacing up and down on the front with a look of panic on his face,omg a night without a large 99,will he survive the night!Now if you're stupid enough to have no self control and go ramming all kinds of stuff down your throat and pile weight on then it's your fault not mine simple as,so why should my food be mucked about with? I and a lot of other people my age are not overweight (I'm 49 tomorrow) and why? because we ate all things in moderation,and got off our backsides and worked for a living instead of being sat on them ramming McDonalds down our throats while playing video games or watching Jeremy Kyle!Same with drink,now I know there are people who have a genuine drink problem and they have my sympathy,however I'm sick to death of alcohol prices going up because of this new generation of people who can't take their ale and end up fighting and causing trouble,clogging up A&E every Friday and Saturday night or rampaging around the town causing mayhem.If you can't take your ale then don't drink it's that simple.I'm totally fed up with the nanny state and everyone's selfish attitudes and this belief that somebody else should take responsibility for YOUR actions.
Tomorrow I will be 49,I will get up as usual open my single birthday card from my wife,note I said single! Because no doubt all my family and the so called friends who ring me everytime they have a problem will be too wrapped up in their own little worlds to even think about sending me a card.Typical of the society we live in. Rant over.

Edit:- Here you go Phil, just for you http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk...phil-d-happy-birthday-you-old.html#post989969

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy birthday, pot noodles used to be tasty, until like you said fatties went on a pot noodle rampage and probably blamed the company and not themselves, now they just taste like water...

My favourite nanny state contradictions stories are always from the Daily mail

"Rambling rambling, Health and safety? NANNY STATE NANNY STATE"
"P**n on the internet? GOVERNMENT SHOULD BAN IT Rambling"

But anyway I find the cost of obesity very irritating and the burden it's putting on the NHS is unfair on the rest of us. Unfortunately as it's a government thing and a cost to all of us something has to be done at multiple levels to sort the problem. Extra taxs are inevitable, education be handy and I don't see a problem with parents being charged with neglect for letting their children ending up at horrendous mass

I were a bit fat when I was younger but went with the '1st law of thermodynamics' diet which for some reason always works :stooge_curly:

Another one I heard lately,apparently children shouldn't head a football as it can harm the brain and affect intelligence.Well that's got to be true,look at all the silly beggars on here who go out to work to earn a living while the youngsters stay at home collecting benefits,you can tell we played more football than they did.lol

Good morning earthlings!

We know what you mean owt lad. What’s always baffled me is, if it's true that you are what you eat, why am I not all new and improved? :angel_smile: For reasons that I can not explain this thread reminds me of a flight to Düsseldorf were Lufthansa made this big lad pay for two seats on the plane. He was not happy! Never shut up about it for a whole hour….lol. Mind you, had he walked past your TV, you would have missed the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] season of Lost.

Hmmmm a bit harsh
The grandson is being brainwashed and when he grows up will be fat and more than likely so will his children more should be done .
The amount of sugar in our diets is shocking any way 7tea spoons in a can of Pease I believe . At the moment if you don't have diverging tea or sweets or anything surgery at all ,just normal food your taking in about 15 teaspoons of sugar a day . This is wrong!
I also thought you did not become a miserable git till your 50, but any way welcome to the old fogeys club sir

hmm, 10 c0ffees a day, 3 spoons of sugar in each. that twice your bid. i'mm doomed already without the coke,ice cream, and cakes. bugger.

Don't think he's speaking about ppl who have genuine health problems, more the ones who have lazy bone idol and just sit watch jk stuffing their faces not even interested in looking for work

Hmmmm a bit harsh
The grandson is being brainwashed and when he grows up will be fat and more than likely so will his children more should be done .
The amount of sugar in our diets is shocking any way 7tea spoons in a can of Pease I believe . At the moment if you don't have diverging tea or sweets or anything surgery at all ,just normal food your taking in about 15 teaspoons of sugar a day . This is wrong!
I also thought you did not become a miserable git till your 50, but any way welcome to the old fogeys club sir
Just wait until he's 50, he will be even worse ha ha

Hmmmm a bit harsh
for about 15 years I had a serious coke habit,I drank at least 3 ltrs a day,I also ate sweets like they were going out of fashion,same with pies too.Lunch often consisted of 3 or 4,true my teeth are shot however I weigh just under 11 stone and have a 34 inch waist,hardly overweight am I?,the secret,getting off my backside and working,Even now I'm always on the go,that's what keeps the weight off,not sat in front of a tv screen playing grand theft auto or whatever they play these days.

Reply to my turn for a rant! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net