Discuss TradeSkills4U Crawley, 3 step course. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

rich66

Trainee
Reaction score
Just trying to weigh up the total costs for this course, assuming I don't go to a college!

Has anyone done it recently?

Can anyone confirm exactly how many days I'd need to be staying in Crawley? I live too far away to commute.

I'm not 100% sure what they mean by e-learning and virtual classroom? I assume e-learning is just following stuff on website from home and virtual classroom is a Zoom call with a lecturer from home?

I think it breaks down like this:
Step1, the 10 days in centre would be 1 week in centre, then 1 week off for the remote stuff, then 1 week in centre.
Step 2, the 20 days in centre would be 2 weeks in centre, 2 weeks off remote work then 2 more weeks in centre.
Step 3, the 14 days in centre would be 2 weeks in centre, 2 weeks off remote work then 4 days in centre.

So all up I need 44 nights at a hotel, adding about £4400 to the cost including, the room, parking and food.

All up it's going to be a bit over £12k, including the NVQ bit (which I know means I have to be working at that point and building up a portfolio)

Cheers!

Can anyone confirm exactly how many days I'd need to be staying in Crawley? I live too far away to commute.

I'm not 100% sure what they mean by e-learning and virtual classroom? I assume e-learning is just following stuff on website from home and virtual classroom is a Zoom call with a lecturer from home?
Ask them.
So all up I need 44 nights at a hotel, adding about £4400 to the cost including, the room, parking and food.
Don't they offer rooms at like £40/night or something? If you're near Crawley consider the one in Dartford instead, it's cheaper and they have rooms at £25/night.
All up it's going to be a bit over £12k, including the NVQ bit (which I know means I have to be working at that point and building up a portfolio)
Don't forget to add 44 days lost pay to your total.

Their Step 1 is a glorified £1800 18th edition course. You can bypass it if you have your 18th edition already.

Ask them.

Don't they offer rooms at like £40/night or something? If you're near Crawley consider the one in Dartford instead, it's cheaper and they have rooms at £25/night.

Don't forget to add 44 days lost pay to your total.

Their Step 1 is a glorified £1800 18th edition course. You can bypass it if you have your 18th edition already.
Yep, I've asked them, they confirmed that the e-learning is just web based training thing and the virtual classroom is Zoom.

I don't know why they don't show an example diary showing days in and out of the centre.

They don't offer anything regarding accomodation. There's a premier inn just around the corner with prices from £40 to £85 per night depending on the day of the week, but on average about £350 a week. £7 to park in the hotel and then breakfast and dinner.

Looking on their website the only centres are Warrington, Coventry, Leeds and Gatwick/Crawley. Crawley being closest but still 2 and a half hours drive.

I don't have any qualifications that are really relevant, apart from knowing all the science theory stuff. I'm not working so no lost pay to worry about!

Yep, I've asked them, they confirmed that the e-learning is just web based training thing and the virtual classroom is Zoom.

I don't know why they don't show an example diary showing days in and out of the centre.

They don't offer anything regarding accomodation. There's a premier inn just around the corner with prices from £40 to £85 per night depending on the day of the week, but on average about £350 a week. £7 to park in the hotel and then breakfast and dinner.

Looking on their website the only centres are Warrington, Coventry, Leeds and Gatwick/Crawley. Crawley being closest but still 2 and a half hours drive.

I don't have any qualifications that are really relevant, apart from knowing all the science theory stuff. I'm not working so no lost pay to worry about!
If you ask the dole, you might be able to get funding for it. I know 100% they will fund a proper Level 2 at college for you. Check out a provider in Dartford that rhymes with Mable Pills. They're cheaper and better.

If you ask the dole, you might be able to get funding for it. I know 100% they will fund a proper Level 2 at college for you. Check out a provider in Dartford that rhymes with Mable Pills. They're cheaper and better.
Thanks! I'll check them out.

I'll look into getting college funding. Level 2 was £1800 last time I checked.

Reply to TradeSkills4U Crawley, 3 step course. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net