Discuss Need some advice on my Brothers wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

That is dog rough for sure. I'd also be inclined to say it is installed against the regs as there are joints that are not readily available for inspection.

I can't give you a picture but it was a going to a bar light with 4 spot lights along the bar with gu10 leds bulbs. The joint under the tape had 5 wires going in to the single choc block.

I would say it fails to comply to regulation 526.5 but I'm not a qualified electrician.

old school cowboy work, looks quite neat for "tape and chocbloc" type.
modern one will join the cables in the switch and drop one cable into the light fitting.
at least is quite neatly taped, sometimes you find them uninsulated and buried in messy lath ceiling...
118v may be 2 lights wired in series.

old school cowboy work, looks quite neat for "tape and chocbloc" type.
modern one will join the cables in the switch and drop one cable into the light fitting.
at least is quite neatly taped, sometimes you find them uninsulated and buried in messy lath ceiling...
118v may be 2 lights wired in series.

Modern what - Cowboy ? I use that method all the time !:90::biggrin5:

I can't give you a picture but it was a going to a bar light with 4 spot lights along the bar with gu10 leds bulbs. The joint under the tape had 5 wires going in to the single choc block.

I would say it fails to comply to regulation 526.5 but I'm not a qualified electrician.

526.3 is the reg it failed to comply with upon install.

being serious for once in my life, your bro. needs to find his cert. for the job and if it's under niceic, naspit, elecsa, he the needs to complain to whichever scheme is relevant, quoting the sparks's membership number.

Reply to Need some advice on my Brothers wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net