Discuss Needing help for sourcing long 3.5 mm Flat head screws for BG nexus flat plate in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Silver6003

"Your client is using thicker plasterboard " . Not words or even mindset you associate with a technical helpline for Electrical Sockets etc !!!!
"You're the first person to complain about this " Again not what I want to hear
So Has anyone come up against this I wonder ?
My client sourced BG nexus flat plate Sockets/switches / fan isolaters etc
Basically except for all the white MK Logic Spurs / dp switches / flex outlets Which are the kitchen controls all my Sockets etc in the flat are BG nexus flat plate I've also Storage heaters So Dp switches and fuse spurs . My client sourced them online . So I have to fit them
I worked out I can fix them leave off the flat plate put some masking tape over them so they second fixed before being decorated . Great i thought .
Imagine my surprise when I opened up the Fan isolator switch to be supplied with screws that just aren't long enough to hit the lugs of my plasterboard boxes . I really don't like using the extension lugs but I had a couple of course they were too long they came out further than being flush . So I rang up bg technical helpline to have the lead quote used at me ......I'm sorry but WTF ??????? A technical helpline saying this . In olden days if screws weren't long enough we just used longer screws .......However with the flat plate system you have to use flat head 3.5 mms not the normal dome ones . So Help please in sourcing these If anyone has had to do the same . I really need a mixture of 36mm and 50 mm flathead 3.5 mm2 socket screws . More frustration on my part . Really the screws supplied by BG on the lighting products ...Flat plate switches/dimmers and Fan isolators aren't fit for purpose using plasterboard boxes . In this day an age we use far more Plasterboard boxes than metal boxes But even then those silly little screws supplied are just too short .
This may seem a little more of a rant than anything but Yes be progressive but please be practicable and workable too . So any ideas where to source said screws please? . I will be eternally grateful
Silver

You would think so however my local WF has to order them . I just want to buy 100 50 mmm 3.5 mm2 Tomorrow so I can second fix to coin a phrase " its not as though I'm trying to buy an elephants ear in a bun "

Reply to Needing help for sourcing long 3.5 mm Flat head screws for BG nexus flat plate in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net