Discuss NEMA 14-50 outlet Help needed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

TonyUSA

DIY
Reaction score
Hello,

I am about to install NEMA 14-50 outlet to charge other electric car in the garage and I will run 6 gauge(THHN) wires into the 3/4 in. conduit across to other side of the garage. The electrical panel is outside the garage. My questions are

1. Is it okay to use 10 gauge bare copper grounding wire instead of 6 gauge (green) for grounding from the panel to the NEMA 14-50?

2. where can I get the jacket to cover the wires where the wires are inside the wall? It will be only 6-10 inches inside the wall?

Thank you,

Hello,

I am about to install NEMA 14-50 outlet to charge other electric car in the garage and I will run 6 gauge(THHN) wires into the 3/4 in. conduit across to other side of the garage. The electrical panel is outside the garage. My questions are

1. Is it okay to use 10 gauge bare copper grounding wire instead of 6 gauge (green) for grounding from the panel to the NEMA 14-50?

2. where can I get the jacket to cover the wires where the wires are inside the wall? It will be only 6-10 inches inside the wall?

Thank you,
Yes you can use # 10 copper wire for your ground. Your wires need to be sleeved with PVC, which is the easiest thing to do

Thank you, Megawatt. I posted this one at first but couldn't find it here so I reposted again under my old 6/4 wire forum. I don't know how to delete this one.

Yes you can use # 10 copper wire for your ground. Your wires need to be sleeved with PVC, which is the easiest thing to do
Thank you, Megawatt. I posted this one at first but couldn't find it here so I reposted again under my old 6/4 wire forum. I don't know how to delete this one.

Reply to NEMA 14-50 outlet Help needed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net