Discuss Newly qualified wage in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys, recently passed my AM2 exam and was wondering what sort of hourly rate I should be aiming for.

bit of background; did majority of my apprenticeship doing domestic work with weeks here and there doing commercial work. Joined a new company a month before qualifying which only work in industrial/commercial. I haven’t had a lot of experience with tray/unistrut/basket/conduit etc & I’m not overly confident at testing 3 phase (I could probably do it given a good amount of time)

I live in the Gloucestershire area (south west). I am currently on £9.50 p/h. basic week is 45 hours, working away You get 60 hours. I haven’t got a van yet (I’m hoping within a year I will get one), overtime is paid very well. Overall they’re a great company to work for very laidback and understanding!

what do you guys think a fair wage would be? Top of my head I was looking at ÂŁ13/ÂŁ13.50

I use a lot of subcontractors in and around Gloucester/Worcester area I don't think you are likely to get "at least ÂŁ15hr" until you have a couple of years under your belt. i would think ÂŁ13-14 more likely, that's basic though and you should get paid overtime (if you work it), travel cost or mileage if using your own vehicle.

After a couple of years where you can prove you have been working on your own and able to think for yourself then defiantly look for over ÂŁ15hr with ÂŁ17-18 attainable.

As David said, you need experience and an ability to be trusted to work and think for yourself.
Passing an exam doesn't make you worth more money, you need to prove yourself first.

Reply to Newly qualified wage in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone, Sorry, I won't take much of your time. To cut a long story short, I am newly qualified and have domestic installation/commercial...
Replies
Views
Hi there, firstly wishing you all good health and happiness 🙂 Just a few questions if you all don’t mind answering for me please.. I’ve just...
Replies
Views
OLDBOY
O
Completed my AM2s start of this year. My whole career plan is to run my own company/sole trader. Be my own boss basically. I always get asked...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, looking for some feedback from electricians living in Belfast (carrickfergus) area. Looking at potentially migrating to that area within...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys I am currently on the NVQ 2357 on my way for the AM2 and get fully qualified, at the moment i am doing private jobs, on the NVQ 2357 they...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock