Discuss NICEIC cancelling assessments in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Just had an email come through saying the NICEIC are suspending assessments and will be doing virtual assessments, these will be via the area engineers. could be interesting... I suspect they will take a pragmatic approach to those with experience and good track record etc..
It would be a good thing if they actually went to bi-annual visits for established firms but if it saves them money they will do it , although we will still be charged the same!
Not sure how I feel about some of the rogues slipping through the net and getting a 12 month pass to fleece unsuspecting customers. although its rare they are stopped anyway.

As a business we are trying to provide normal services for the rest of this week, but are subject to change, as news and guidance evolves on COVID-19. We will be looking to proactively contact you this week if you have a scheduled assessment or are due to attend a training course.

As of next week, the week commencing 23rd March the following decisions have been made:

• All training courses have been postponed until 1st June
  • All face-to-face assessments will be stopped with AEs undertaking virtual assessments instead. More information to follow shortly

I've got my NAPIT assessment coming up in a couple of weeks and I've been told to ensure I have photos of the installs just in case the client needs to isolate.

I was surprised to be honest, I was expecting it to be cancelled.

this corona virus is a plot devised by women.....

football is cancelled, pubs are shut, we off work so all those put-off jobs around the house can be done, if we contract the virus, it's just "man flu", be better in a couple of days. and to top it all off, it's named after a lager.

Just had a call from NAPIT... seems like they are now cancelling assessments, will keep you updated :)
I assume they will look at your photos and then the certificate to match it up. its like doing the 2391-52 or older 2394/95 where you look at pictures to identify the non conformity for the EICR part of the course.
Wonder if the cowboy eicr brigade with the drive by inspections will now just ask customer to send some pictures over and produce the report based on that?
If its good for the schemes why not them?

I've been told by NAPIT to have pictures available. Problem is I don't always take pictures of everything, so I've got bits of this and bits of that.

Seems that the NICEIC are going down the video route, assume you still have to go to the jobsite to show the assessor via video or maybe images will suffice?
View attachment 56510
I doubt it's tenable to continue with these being on site. How precisely they should do it I'm less sure. I suppose the office audit might be reasonably straightforward but not sure about the inspection element.

RECI are currently proceeding with inspections with the Inspector doing this in person and on site. They are using a risk assessment to determine beforehand whether it should proceed. But again I doubt that it's tenable for long for these to continue like this, although the Commission for Regulation of Utilities would, I'd imagine, have to authorise the change in approach.

Reply to NICEIC cancelling assessments in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock