Discuss Nightshift in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mogga

heres my dilema My neighbour knows im nightshift but at 130 yesterday they had their stero on loud enough to wake me ( not "Blasting" but loud enough as he is deaf) other neighbour has a wee Yappy dog ( called Micheal) and the owner shouts at it with NO effect ( her voice is more anoying than yappy dog
Should I drop a hint next time I see neighbour 1 or should i take my prefered option of strimming the grass when I get home tomorrow at 530ish??
as for Yappy dog should I have a word with her ( probably not as shes a pain in the bum anyways ) or should i just have a bucket of water n throw it over dog when it lunges at fence yapping its head off???

heres my dilema My neighbour knows im nightshift but at 130 yesterday they had their stero on loud enough to wake me ( not "Blasting" but loud enough as he is deaf) other neighbour has a wee Yappy dog ( called Micheal) and the owner shouts at it with NO effect ( her voice is more anoying than yappy dog
Should I drop a hint next time I see neighbour 1 or should i take my prefered option of strimming the grass when I get home tomorrow at 530ish??
as for Yappy dog should I have a word with her ( probably not as shes a pain in the bum anyways ) or should i just have a bucket of water n throw it over dog when it lunges at fence yapping its head off???
I have a rifle you can borrow for the dog and as for the music pull the buggers main fuse:D

If you are working nights then you have the right to peace and quiet when you are in bed just the same as when you work days and sleep at night. you must inform your neighbours that you are on nights and let them know what time you expect to rise. You cant expect the world to be completely at your mercy you will have to do all you can like keeping windows closed etc.

If the noise is not a permanent problem i.e the neighbours are having a party now and again then you have to put up with it, but if it is every saturday then you can complain to them, if that doesnt work then complain to your local environmental health dept. As for the dog, the best solution is a nice piece of meat like thin steak rolled up, but before you roll it up put 10 ml of liquid weedkiller inside. The death will be quick and humane. But again a persistently barking dog is not acceptable either so complain as you would for noise.

i know all this from experience of a few years ago, somethings may have changed due to bloody human rights and all that rubbish, so its worth a check before you go steaming in.

Cheers.........Howard

Thats the problem with working nights as most people work days when it is the weekend it is the only time they have to do things around their house.

I know as I worked permanent nights for 4 years you just have to grin and bear it not alot you can do

Poisoned steak for Michael, and as for the deaf bloke.. Why the bloody hell does he have a stereo anyway!?

See if you can scam their landline numbers off them and order wake up calls from BT. ;)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I Like your thoinking Colin although to get a BT alarm call you need to call from the phone requiring the alarm

Reply to Nightshift in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net