Discuss off peak consumer change in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

sparkyork

got an off peak consumer unit change to do 2moro, shouldnt take long only 3 circuits on it. thing is the board aint likely to be live with it been off peak so how do i measure Ze and get Zs results, am i to get Ze by enquiry and Zs by measurement??

cheers

can you?!! i never ever knew that! is that only if its the old mechanical type time clock then? what about these digital meters??

Cant say for sure but yes you must be able to (i think)

you'll have to let me know 2moro

Mark

You will be able to get Ze at that point and then R1+R2 at each circuit giving you Zs
if you cant over ride the clock

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers yeah ill keep ya informed, if its one of these digital meters i dont think therell be a way of switching it on, otherwise would you be able to get cheap rate electric during the day?? i could always pop the "cough" "cough" seal on the meter and gain access to the mains to get Ze, and like you say just measure R1 R2

Some of the digital clocks have an overide button to power them up, if its one of those and the seal is missing from the meter (as they always seem to be when i get there) then its easy, if there are two meters one normal and one off peak measure ze at the powered one as it will be the same as the off peak, or you can always power it up by swapping the tails if the seal is missing on the main fuse.
markaj

yeah it was a digital meter but was no obvious way of telling how to liven up the off peak tails, i just swapped the off peak to peak connection and did it all that way.

Don't think you can as it will be sealed by electricity supply company.

If you could switch it on the you could get off-peak electricity durin normal hours.

You cant override a time switch for the reason above. They are set and sealed by the meter fitter. The modern meters incorporate a time clock in the main meter.

Reply to off peak consumer change in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock