Discuss OLD Contactors available in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

James

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
not quite sure how to tag someone in,
@Lucien Nunes

hope that worked?

I have 3 contactors and original timer unit.
circa. 1975

free to good home.
just about to replace them with modern alternatives because the line contactor has developed a short on L2 to L3 when energised.

I will remove them in a considerate way on the assumption that you might want them.
please let me know if you don't so I can chuck them in the skip.

if Lucien has no requirement for his museum, they are free to anyone as long as it is for ornamental
use only.contactors.JPG

Last edited:
I think it worked - although I missed the resulting message!

If it's convenient, yes please, let's save them because the mechanical interlock is easy to see and demonstrate. We have a couple of similar setups (forwards / reverse, up/down on a lift) but on most star-delta starters the contactors are smaller and the interlock is hidden. PM follows...

Reply to OLD Contactors available in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

We have this Swiss-made Dixi horizontal borer from 1957, very nice machine still with its original DC variable voltage drive. In those days there...
Replies
Views
Last time I posted on forum it was on the thorny issue of over unity machines which alas got confused with perpetual motion -- and other supposed...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, Mainly do domestic with a smattering of commercial. Currently repositioning a few extra sockets in a small office and noticed an old...
Replies
Views
Bobster
B
S
New technologies have now been developed to tackle two of the world's biggest energy challenges -- clean fuel for transportation and grid-scale...
Replies
Views
Solar Energy News --
S

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock