Discuss One of those days in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

cliffed

-
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Struggled with this yesterday & cocked up, would it still be ok to leave this & mark the appropriate terminals differently.
Load in the wrong terminals,it’s a 35mm Swa sub main, still got tails to connect into2B886C96-D6B4-4BE1-97F9-B91E1070AAFF.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Struggled with this yesterday & cocked up, would it still be ok to leave this & mark the appropriate terminals differently.
Load in the wrong terminals,it’s a 35mm Swa sub main, still got tails to connect into
Do you mean you have load on the feed side, and feed on the load side?

If so, not really, the fuse would still be live and connected when "switched off " - the live feed is supposed to be isolated from the fuse by opening the switch.

Do you mean you have load on the feed side, and feed on the load side?

If so, not really, the fuse would still be live and connected when "switched off " - the live feed is supposed to be isolated from the fuse by opening the switch.
Yea…oh dear might be a problem then

is there enough slack in the SWA to lift it up and enter the enclosure higher up, soas to reach the top terminals?

Kicking myself made the other end off ok…just got mixed up with the in & out…reckon I maybe able to make off again & gain a-bit..hopefully..it’s not the greatest S/Fuse for 35mm..the earth only accepts 16mm.
I would screw a new earth bar at the top of the board

Might just have to be solder/crimp and heat shrink and run them around the right of the switch. It looks ‘close’ Will it shove along to the left at all?

I’ve made a similar mistake once. (Assumed old switch and new were the same in my case)

Might just have to be solder/crimp and heat shrink and run them around the right of the switch. It looks ‘close’ Will it shove along to the left at all?

I’ve made a similar mistake once. (Assumed old switch and new were the same in my case)
Thanks for all replies will try & gain a bit by moving to the left off to another job now have a good one?

As a last resort maybe change the switch for one that has line in at the top, like this Lewden fused switch for example.

Attachments

• fs6380100-lewden-instruction-sheet.pdf
    493 KB · Views: 15

Reply to One of those days in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net