Discuss Our friends from the plumbers forum in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Barry White

Hi Dan Whilst I like the input from these guys Including knowlege as well as banter.Sometimes its hard to know who you are talking to.
Any chance of transfering there titles from the other forum? so we all know who they are or giving them an honerary title of your choosing (wont suggest wetpants)

Cheers Mykey

They have joined here with their same tags not wanting identitys given out just their status ie gas engineer ,plumber, ie
Snowhead: trusted electrical advisor

Can't do that. They haven't earned anything here. If I know of them and they're a solid trusted advisor over there, I'd ask if they wanted to be in the arms here maybe. But we'd be misleading our own newbies if we were to start tagging them with Trusted Advisor here, of which they'd mostly know jack about electrics so couldn't really advise.

Of course, and then there's the privacy issue too, if it was automated that is.

Can't do that. They haven't earned anything here. If I know of them and they're a solid trusted advisor over there, I'd ask if they wanted to be in the arms here maybe. But we'd be misleading our own newbies if we were to start tagging them with Trusted Advisor here, of which they'd mostly know jack about electrics so couldn't really advise.

Of course, and then there's the privacy issue too, if it was automated that is.

Jack about electrics......charming !

when it comes to the 'electrical' side of my work/business, I've probably forgotten more than most sparks know !
( Industrial, commercial and domestic Heating ).

My name is same here as on plumbers forum.

Does my presence offend ? Or have I got wrong end of the stick ?

when it comes to the 'electrical' side of my work/business, I've probably forgotten more than most sparks know !

Wrong end of stick I'd say!

I'm sure Dan was talking about plumbers in general, in the same way I don't know a thing about plumbing or gas.

Yeah, wrong end of the stick for sure.

You clearly have DIY and Newbies on the plumbers forum, like we do on here. And to mark them all with "Trusted Electrical Advisor" because some can move a sink, would be catastrophic for the electrical industry if they attempted to provide advice.

You can of course earn your badges here, in the same way you perhaps have on the plumbers forum, but I wont be dishing them out without the approval of the actual trusted advisors here. Of which you'll notice even I am not, and I run the bloody thing.

:D

No harm intended, but I needed to be clear.

Multi-traders who have earned their skills offline, can be sure to earn them on all our forums, but we don't just dish them out, they'd be worth nothing then.

I agree.
Thanks for explanation.
As a business owner and somebody in the trade, get 50 or so posts and get yourself in the Arms! :)

But it'd take a couple of years to get trusted status here. We have a few dozen out of 56,000 members. So rarely get dished out. And we've just gone through them and removed a few because their advice ended up rubbish after not putting the effort in, or having some alter motif.

A sensitive plumber, Now there's a thought :rolleyes:

And wouldn't it be an idea, and what I think Mykey may have been getting at, would be to show their status with regards to their knowledge on other forums?
Wouldn't that mislead our own members.

They're welcome to sign up and earn their badges on all our forums, and some do/have/will.

But I'm not up for saying "Trusted Plumber" on our sparks forum, and visa versa. It'd just get confusing. We had 28 forums a couple of years ago, imagine all those trusted people on all the forums. It'd be baffling reading a thread. You'd need to read the username area as much as the post content, and we're not about that here. It's all about the advice.

As a business owner and somebody in the trade, get 50 or so posts and get yourself in the Arms! :)

But it'd take a couple of years to get trusted status here. We have a few dozen out of 56,000 members. So rarely get dished out. And we've just gone through them and removed a few because their advice ended up rubbish after not putting the effort in, or having some alter motif.
I think I've done 50 but not sure

I think I've done 50 but not sure

59 yeah you're right.

Click on a members name and you get loads more info about them in their contact card, inc their post count, which works when you click on your own name too.

I've added you to the arms. Welcome aboard. Mines a Guinness / Brandy chaser.

Wouldn't that mislead our own members.

They're welcome to sign up and earn their badges on all our forums, and some do/have/will.

But I'm not up for saying "Trusted Plumber" on our sparks forum, and visa versa. It'd just get confusing. We had 28 forums a couple of years ago, imagine all those trusted people on all the forums. It'd be baffling reading a thread. You'd need to read the username area as much as the post content, and we're not about that here. It's all about the advice.

Good point lol

59 yeah you're right.

Click on a members name and you get loads more info about them in their contact card, inc their post count, which works when you click on your own name too.

I've added you to the arms. Welcome aboard. Mines a Guinness / Brandy chaser.
Aw thank you, I'll get em in. I join you in a Guinness too but it's got to be courvoisier.

Good point lol
We've done this a while lol

We tend to have it sorted. I listen to all comments usually, but rarely tend to action something. We've usually had it either suggested or practiced for a while with nearly all suggestions.

BUuuuuttt that said, some good ones do come in. It's nice to have people think outside the box a bit. Us being too close to the forum can sometimes just get stuck in our ways a bit.

Like the thanks button. We sooooooo need a thanks button on here but nobody is listening!!!!!!!

Reply to Our friends from the plumbers forum in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net