Discuss oven supply in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

blue eyes

Hi all just
connected up a 3.5KW oven on a 16A 2.5mm radial with 20A DP switch and 1.5mm heat resistance flex .now the oven has turned up,the info has theconnection cable being of heat resisting flex 1.5mm .but on the nextpage states cooker control circuit as being 2.5mm T+e min.
now myway of thinking is cooker control circuit size is the mains supply tothe DP switch. and the flex between the DP switch and oven is the1.5mm flex which is protected by the 16 RCBO.

I Know I have answered my own question but I would like it if some one can secondmy thoughts

cheers

Blue eyes

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all just
connectedup a 3.5KW oven on a 16A 2.5mm radial with 20A DP switch and 1.5mm heatresistance flex .now the oven has turned up,the info has theconnection cable being of heat resisting flex 1.5mm .but on the nextpage states cooker control circuit as being 2.5mm T+e min.
now myway of thinking is cooker control circuit size is the mains supply tothe DP switch. and the flex between the DP switch and oven is the1.5mm flex which is protected by the 16 RCBO.

I Know I haveanswered my own question but I would like it if some one can secondmy thoughts

cheers

Blue eyes

So what are you worried about, you have complied with the manufactures instructions?? Do you think somethings wrong somewhere?? Many of these ovens are manufactured overseas and the instructions translated into English, except that occasionally the translation isn't exactly to the same terminology that we are used too...

So what are you worried about, you have complied with the manufactures instructions?? Do you think somethings wrong somewhere?? Many of these ovens are manufactured overseas and the instructions translated into English, except that occasionally the translation isn't exactly to the same terminology that we are used too...

I am not to worried asI was sure i was correct in my install ,I was just after a second opinion of my interoperation of the manual the 1.5mm flex is protected against over current from the RCBO .but the 2.5mm (cooker control circuit) line threw a spanner in the works ,,I wanted to besure I wasn't missing some thing that would get pulled at a latterdate
thanks for your reply

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to oven supply in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net